The Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

,Nov 29 2003, 15:42] #13 Now, some photo manipulation

that's sweet

i need to start taking pics again. i used to really be into photography. then just stopped out of nowhere.

taken about 45 min ago, looking south from my driveway.  it snowed a bit last night.  28degf, wind chill 15degf, 18mph wind...you know...cold

What software are you using, to make panoramic photos?

that looks really cool anita! i really like photostitch. (Y)

thank you, spyder. i love photostitch too! it's SO NEAT...i never thought stuff like this could be done w/o a panorama camera. taking pictures is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y)

What software are you using, to make panoramic photos?

the camera (canon s400) has a panorama setting and photostitch puts the pictures together...the sw comes with the camera

the camera (canon s400) has a panorama setting and photostitch puts the pictures together...the sw comes with the camera

In panorama mode does the camera automatically turn itself on the tripod or something? Sorry if this sounds completely stupid but I'm really curious and I couldn't really think of another way to do it without doing lots of cropping. Unless that photostitch program is a miracle worker!! :p

In panorama mode does the camera automatically turn itself on the tripod or something? Sorry if this sounds completely stupid but I'm really curious and I couldn't really think of another way to do it without doing lots of cropping. Unless that photostitch program is a miracle worker!! :p

No u have to turn the camera manually. But there is a panorama mode which shows u half the photo when u take one so that u can match it on the LCD. The software does its wonder when u feed it images.

post-55-1070143036.jpg

So let me get ths straight. It shows half of the previous image shot on the LCD and the current "live" image right next to it?? That sounds pretty damn smart. (Y)

So let me get ths straight. It shows half of the previous image shot on the LCD and the current "live" image right next to it?? That sounds pretty damn smart. (Y)

yep :p at least thats the case on my A70. i guess aem has a better version.

u should check its online manual if u r intrested. powershot.com

yeah i have a pentax 3.2mp digital camera and when in panoramic mode it shows about 1/3 of the previous pic you took and it's semi transparent so you can line it up easily.

yep :p at least thats the case on my A70. i guess aem has a better version.

u should check its online manual if u r intrested. powershot.com

no...i think if we have similar canons then the photostitch would be the same. i just stood in one place. the lcd splits to show the previous shot and then you can decide how to do the next shot. you have to overlap your shots so that it'll put the pix together correctly. the pic i posted was made from i think 8 or 10 individual shots because i did a lot overlapping.

Ironic thing, really. I am sitting in my office, and I look at a picture out of the office, and the reflection I see a gorgeous sunset. Grabbed my cam, and click. Here it is. Great, if I do say so myself.

Thanks for answering about panoramic photos. Is there a way to make panoramic photos with other cameras, wich dosen't have panoramic mode, by stiching photos together, and if it is possible, witch software to use?