Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition

What do you use all the screens for? would be interesting to actually see them in use.

I don't use them for anything special really, I'll have a football match or two on while I'm playing a game and stuff. I had the two monitors on the wall just hanging around after I upgraded so I decided to make use of them.

Here's a workstation I'm putting together to replace my older one that I first posted. Needed a play box that has virtualization and plenty of storage space, memory, and video outs. I actually just wanted to post this nice clearance I'm getting between a HDD and my vid card.  :p

post-236153-0-24223900-1391207208.jpg

post-236153-0-65564800-1391207089.jpg

Not much of a battle station in comparison to the others, but hey, it gets the work done. Still, it is in need of an upgrade. Here's hoping it might happen this year. :)

DSC_1641%5B1%5D.JPG?psid=1

Here's a workstation I'm putting together to replace my older one that I first posted. Needed a play box that has virtualization and plenty of storage space, memory, and video outs. I actually just wanted to post this nice clearance I'm getting between a HDD and my vid card. :p

WP_20140131_17_24_41_Raw.jpg

WP_20140131_16_26_48_Raw.jpg

Why all the WD RE drives? I don't see a RAID card connected. Using on board?

Not much of a battle station in comparison to the others, but hey, it gets the work done. Still, it is in need of an upgrade. Here's hoping it might happen this year. :)

How are you enjoying the Microsoft keyboard? I'm thinking about buying it as well.

Why all the WD RE drives? I don't see a RAID card connected. Using on board?

On-board Intel ICH10 unfortunately. It isn't mission critical enough for a hefty card.

^what tablet is that?

Prestigio...something or rather. I use it mostly for reading, but I'd suggest your money would be better spent on something else. :)

How are you enjoying the Microsoft keyboard? I'm thinking about buying it as well.

To be honest, the first week was a bit weird, getting used to the new layout, as I hadn't used an ergonomic keyboard before. While I did hit the left Ctrl a couple of times, when i actually intended to hit the Shift key, I've mostly adjusted. It's very comfortable, even with the riser. The mouse, while it is indeed odd looking, felt...'right' in hand. As some reviews have pointed out, it is pretty easy to knock off the table if you aren't careful.

I find myself using the windows button on the mouse quite a lot. Very handy. If you have further questions, I'll gladly answer. Oh and, sorry for the delayed response. :)

It has been a while since I participated. The pictures are pretty blurry as I snapped them in a rush. Ideally I'll be able to update them at some point.

Not a ton has changed in my setup since my last post. I don't anticipate any major changes in the next few years...

Some details on what is in the images:

1. Lenovo T520 (Work) - Connected to the laptop dock and shoved in the back corner as it usually is used to drive my screens when working from home.

2. Lenovo T530 (Personal) - My personal laptop. For some reason it often ends up on my desk even though it has its own desk and stand on the other side of the room.

3. Desktop - The workhorse that usually powers the triple screen setup for browsing, gaming, and personal programming projects.

4. Screens - 3 x Dell U2410

5. Keyboard - Das Pro with Cherry MX Blue switches

6. Mouse - SteelSeries Sensi. Great for gaming, but I use this mainly due to my need for very fast mouse movement in general.

post-16763-0-50281700-1392139471.jpg

post-16763-0-61680200-1392139540.jpg

It has been a while since I participated. The pictures are pretty blurry as I snapped them in a rush. Ideally I'll be able to update them at some point.

Not a ton has changed in my setup since my last post. I don't anticipate any major changes in the next few years...

Some details on what is in the images:

1. Lenovo T520 (Work) - Connected to the laptop dock and shoved in the back corner as it usually is used to drive my screens when working from home.

2. Lenovo T530 (Personal) - My personal laptop. For some reason it often ends up on my desk even though it has its own desk and stand on the other side of the room.

3. Desktop - The workhorse that usually powers the triple screen setup for browsing, gaming, and personal programming projects.

4. Screens - 3 x Dell U2410

5. Keyboard - Das Pro with Cherry MX Blue switches

6. Mouse - SteelSeries Sensi. Great for gaming, but I use this mainly due to my need for very fast mouse movement in general.

attachicon.gif_2111451.JPG

attachicon.gif_2111453.JPG

I still have a Das Pro somewhere around. It'll last forever. I'm on a Gigabyte Aivia now, for the USB 3.0 port. Gonna go 1-27" WQHD, 1-27" 1080p instead of 3 screens. Will need a new mouse for the WQHD but I don't know if I can use Windows 8 without my Logitech Touch Zone mouse.

I still have a Das Pro somewhere around. It'll last forever. I'm on a Gigabyte Aivia now, for the USB 3.0 port. Gonna go 1-27" WQHD, 1-27" 1080p instead of 3 screens. Will need a new mouse for the WQHD but I don't know if I can use Windows 8 without my Logitech Touch Zone mouse.

Yeah I figured the Das would be a good introduction to mechanical and I'm now addicted to it. Everyone else says the Blue is crazy loud, but they are perfect for me. I can't use the USB ports on the Das or most keyboards due to being a lefty. But at least I stopped punishing myself with the MX Revolution mouse I used previously.

Why going dual screen instead of triple? I find that having the hard screen separation that comes from discrete screens makes multi tasking easier. I also think a triple setup gives you a good natural focal point as you have a primary screen in the center of your focus (as you would on a single screen setup).

The Logitech Touch Mouse looks very cool!

Yeah I figured the Das would be a good introduction to mechanical and I'm now addicted to it. Everyone else says the Blue is crazy loud, but they are perfect for me. I can't use the USB ports on the Das or most keyboards due to being a lefty. But at least I stopped punishing myself with the MX Revolution mouse I used previously.

Why going dual screen instead of triple? I find that having the hard screen separation that comes from discrete screens makes multi tasking easier. I also think a triple setup gives you a good natural focal point as you have a primary screen in the center of your focus (as you would on a single screen setup).

The Logitech Touch Mouse looks very cool!

Purely a real estate issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats wrong with that?

Never heard of anyone eating a tub of butter raw - usually you put butter on something else...like toast or pancakes 

Never heard of anyone eating a tub of butter raw - usually you put butter on something else...like toast or pancakes 

It's margarine, it's delicious.