Help with someone DDOSSing me please!

Well in regards what you guys are talking about .... You are right they only do it for maybe 10 minutes , .  And the guy is from Ireland he claims.   when I told him I would report him.  Anyway ,  I will try the mac address clone.  The reason I think it was a DDOSS attack because at the exact moment they said it, my internet was going off and on for about 20 minutes. And I restarted modem and router multiple times. So that is my reasoning . That and my ISP doesn't go down hardly at all...   But I will try this. thanks.  :)

OH , edit,  It seems they have stopped and I have stopped using AOL/AIM  cause (in my opinion) is a stupid service , and I don't like it,and the chatrooms people act rather childish etc. BUT A question , Ok so when I was being DDOSS'D ,  my modem had ALL lights ON ( so the modem is saying everything is good) ,*Note I did call ISP who said everything was ok on their end when I told them the internet wasn't working, and they reset the modem* whereas , when the internet  goes out (as in a known ISP outtage )  , The modem BLINKS ONE light. And so that is why I think it's an attack, beause an attack would be using "Bandwidth" (I guess?)  I'm not really knowledgeable in depth into this stuff . but that's all I know so far
when I thought I was getting attacked I opened up "WIRE SHARK"  So could someone help me possibly figure out what is normal traffic and what isn't? Like I know BNET game is starcraft 2 , but others I don't really know  how to tell what is safe etc.

another edit:  I think you guys are possibly right though, "Script kiddies " People using programs or whatever because over all it only happens for about 20 minutes at  a time   And no I am not using a cell phone and I do currently have internet I guess I should have better explained . I just want to change my IP so they won't bother me anymore. 

either way it's probably fixed when I change my IP address. thanks everyone :)

another edit: Just verified my IP address IS changed . thank you all.