I managed to get my hands on a PS4. Now to avoid my being ripped a new one by my wife

• 2 weeks later...

I posted almost 3 weeks ago that I managed to get my hands on a PS4. Confessed to the wife that I got it (3days later :-) ... She wasn't shocked at all, either known I told her I would keep it to one console for most of Next/Now gen...

Now the issue at hand. There isnt a single game that is enticing me right now. KillZone is pretty, but KZ isn't for me. Battlefield, CoD, AC:IV BF, no thank you to any of those.

I already have NBA 2K14, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes, but not on PS4. So it looks like, I will be sitting on a brand new PS4 until InFamous:SS drops in March. I know that seems like a long time to sit on a $425 purchase (tax CT is a bit pricey). Thought about setting it up as a Blu-Ray player, but there's no need considering I have a PS3, that's a darn good Blu-Ray player (even does 3D). Even thought about returning it, until Second Son drops on store shelves. But who's to say I will get lucky at that time period, and get another one...

1. Sell it to some sucker on ebay

2. Open it before the 30 day return period ends in case there is a problem with it if you decide to keep it

3. Return it to the store BNIB.

Not that hard a decision.

But who's to say I will get lucky at that time period, and get another one...

I didn't know why you would feel enticed to buy it until I read this.

I think the notion that you'll struggle to find one later is unfounded and frankly just wrong. I can go buy a PS4 in some hours when my local GameStop opens up. They have several on display, I saw them yesterday. They are available now and baring unforeseen setbacks, supply will increase each shipment.

Buying a future console also provides the opportunity for a more refined version.

I could buy one now, but I won't, because I wouldn't use it and I'd rather get one in the future that has a controller with stronger battery life. (Although Destiny will force my hand if there are no improvements by Sept.)

Sell yours, use it, or give it to a kid/family member. Don't sit on it. It seems like you made a bad impulse purchase to me.

Why return something in February to buy it back in March? Why buy a next gen console to play a single game (and no other) that wasn't even out?

Just open it and be done with it.

As a non-game player I cant understand why you purchased it in the first place if you didn't want to play a particular release on the unit........

I agree with Am I Evil. Great free indies out there.
But if you are intent on sitting on it until Infamous, then sell it. There are many many people out there who would give anything to have a PS4. 
Stock is horrible at the moment, so you could infact sell it for quite a profit.

AC4 has been my favourite title, probably as I missed 3 and one of the "expansions of 2".

The AC series has worn itself out with me. BrotherHood was pretty good though.

A PS+ pass is being heavily considered at this moment! as there are a ton of games I would never buy, and having a PS+ pass would at least let me try them (and maybe even beat some some of them) without breaking the bank...

It was definitely an impulse buy, at the moment when I got it. Also shock that GameStop had it in stock at the time. We are due a big snow storm soon (again), so maybe I'll grab a ps+ pass and have some fun...

Hello,

People never seem to stop amazing me...

If you work and get paid for it, you are entitled to buy whatever you want with your money. The only reason she can complain is if you pay more attention to the console than her.

Thats one thing.....but I dont know what is worst, that or the fact that you bought it and no game intrests you enough to open/use it.

Im just speechless.

Hello,

People never seem to stop amazing me...

If you work and get paid for it, you are entitled to buy whatever you want with your money. The only reason she can complain is if you pay more attention to the console than her.

Thats one thing.....but I dont know what is worst, that or the fact that you bought it and no game intrests you enough to open/use it.

Im just speechless.

LOL... She's not really complaining that much about it.  Less so than I thought she would.  She looks at the Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo as all being the same (at they're core I guess they are  :) )... And feels that only 1 of them should be purchased.  But she also understands the joy I get out of video games (and electronics in general)... A pricey hobby, that can add up quickly before ya know it...

And the fact I don't drink, smoke, nor hang out in clubs etc, she lets me have my man cave and toys... 

She is a lot simpler than I am..  Ice Coffee and her Nexus 7 (2nd gen) and Netflix... And she is in her glory...

Just tell her, it will be easier to get it over with.

Also, did you really need 2 current gen consoles? :S

I know loads of people have multiple consoles but I don't get it myself. I know there are exclusives, but that's a lot of friggen money to throw around!

Just tell her, it will be easier to get it over with.

Also, did you really need 2 current gen consoles? :s

I know loads of people have multiple consoles but I don't get it myself. I know there are exclusives, but that's a lot of friggen money to throw around!

I have 2 360s and a Xbox One....

I bought a 360 myself... other two consoles were given to me as gifts. 

:D