sheffield a yankee

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: i hate the yankees. i once again hate sheffield. he sucked in the playoffs anyways. sh1t.. this is not cool. maybe now we will be able to resign maddux though, i'd love to see him get 300 wins in an atlanta uniform (hes at 289 right now)

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: i hate the yankees. i once again hate sheffield. he sucked in the playoffs anyways. sh1t.. this is not cool. maybe now we will be able to resign maddux though, i'd love to see him get 300 wins in an atlanta uniform (hes at 289 right now)

And the Yankees hate you :devil:

i missed if sheffield was acquired from free agency or if the braves got anything for him? :blink:

no he was a free agent...the yankees/red sox rivalry is exciting and all, but im getting tired of them doing all the offseason work.. the other 28 teams need to get off their ass and make some moves. the braves are gonna be a .500 next year if they dont get to work soon

Once again they will try to solve their problems whith not being able to buy championship by thinking if we spend just a few more million, we will get it right now.

Whos gonna beat them in the WS this year? Tigers?

Another reason why MLB needs a salary cap...to make things more interesting. Hell, anyone could manage a team and get to the playoffs every year if you spend 100 million on players. I guess it is obvious that they are still missing something though if they spend all that money and lost to the Marlins.

The only way I'm accepting this is because it offers me the chance to see the Yanks lose another World Series to a team with 1/3rd their payroll. :D

Whos gonna beat them in the WS this year? Tigers?

If only it were possible for an AL team to beat another AL team in the World Series. I get your point though. :happy:

If only it were possible for an AL team to beat another AL team in the World Series. I get your point though. :happy:

and if only it were possible for the tigers to win 60 games ;)

I hate how every one complains about the Yanks allways buying there way to the World Series, I hate the Yanks personaly but i dont hate on them for the fact that they have the money and that they have done the right thing in the last decade by assembling a winning product and putting something on the field that people want to watch and when people watch that creates more fans more fans equals more money in the long run for the Yanks so i dont like the fact that they go almost every year but they all ways make the smart move and b/c of it they have fans and big time tv contracts that makes them a nice chunk of money so you cant hate on some one for makeing money and spending it to make a product aka team better!

I hate how every one complains about the Yanks allways buying there way to the World Series, I hate the Yanks personaly but i dont hate on them for the fact that they have the money and that they have done the right thing in the last decade by assembling a winning product and putting something on the field that people want to watch and when people watch that creates more fans more fans equals more money in the long run for the Yanks so i dont like the fact that they go almost every year but they all ways make the smart move and b/c of it they have fans and big time tv contracts that makes them a nice chunk of money so you cant hate on some one for makeing money and spending it to make a product aka team better!

Great. Let's have the Yanks make more money. At the same time, let's have the other teams in league lack the ability to pay even one superstar (such as Milwaukee having to give up Sexson recently) and consequently not be able to field a contending team. This, in turn, results in empty stadiums, further enhancing this problem. This is why I'm for sharing of revenues across the MLB, so teams such as the Royals, Twins, and Brewers can have a fighting chance.

But hey, what's good for the Yankees must be good for everyone right? :rolleyes: