Hi everyone,

Here's another teaser for you. This is an early design of the mini player window. The part containing the headphone will display the cover picture (if available). The design below is not a mock-up, but the real player window. However it doesn't do much yet. I still have to connect the audio engine to the UI. Also, some more elements will be added: especially rating, volume control.

4DJQJq7.png

• Like 3

I don't know if i'm alone but i always thought the voice did not fit the man at all.

I agree :)

Hi everyone,

Here's another sneak peak at development progress. The grey boxes are placeholders for album art and information:

pxBfAEQ.png

Also notice the blurred player name. There's a name change coming :)

I realised, while making changes after the last musiX build, that this wasn't going to work out. So I started a new project, from scratch, using the knowledge I gathered while coding musiX. I'm pretty proud of the internal structure. While musiX was a mess, this one is more modular and easier to maintain. I'll keep the new name for an official announcement once most of the placeholders are filled in (I need a pretty screenshot for an anouncement :))

Looking forward to use it with Windows 10.

You can look into project like - http://beets.radbox.org/

To have some good bits and features taken and implemented in your project as well.

- I am not saying MusiX is lacking in any way, but making it more better is always WIN WIN.

Looks good, I would suggest a new topic for the "new" version if it is going to be so different internally but please link back in here in-case I miss it :D

I planned to do that, especially with the name change and all :) As soon as the UI is near completion I'll create a new topic with some more info and a nice screenshot.

Looking forward to use it with Windows 10.

You can look into project like - http://beets.radbox.org/

To have some good bits and features taken and implemented in your project as well.

- I am not saying MusiX is lacking in any way, but making it more better is always WIN WIN.

Thanks for the tip! I'll sure look into that.

Any plans on making a native x64 version?

I might. The reason it was 32 bits until now is that the flac audio engine didn't support 64 bits in the very beginning. As I changed the flac engine along the way it might work now. I'll test it.

Well, turns out you need to make the app be able to play M4A files as well.

It does play m4a. Have you tried musiX? You had any issues with m4a?

Reminds me of Zune.

Correct. The UI is based on Zune but also other Modern UI elements. I'm a fan of Metro.

But I'm in no way trying to create such a feature rich player. My target audience is like me :): people who want a simple, non-cluttered player that just organizes and plays their music and which looks as least a little bit OK (for Metro-lovers anyway).

I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't have the app, now would I!

If it played M4A files, then I wouldn't get the following error:

19aOJX1.png

Here's the file in Windows Explorer:

v4eKR6b.png

So, if it played M4A files, then the above error wouldn't be happening!