Umm..

19 members have voted

1. 1. Umm..

• Asking for 'help' on a forum.
    • Unwanted advertisements received without subscribing to an opt-in list.

Question

Web Programming (HTML, JAVA, PHP, XML etc...)

In here you can discuss how to implement code or request help

'or request for help' - I was simply requesting for help. Spam is advertisements that are not opt-in or messages that are along the lines of 'hey, check this site out, it rocks'. I was simply asking if any programmers out there could 'help' me. Says plain in clear in the forum description: 'or request for help'. I hate it when people automatically consider spam a simple link. If this was the case, then on Neowin about 97% of all threads would be stopped and about close to 50% of neowin board members would have their sigs removed because they cantain what you consider 'spam', with those banners and logos of people's sites, etc. I am not gonna whine about this nor continue to try and ask for 'help' on this board. It is plainly clear to see the moderators have a misconception of the term 'spam'. I have an idea, check out www.webster.com and look up the definition for 'spam'. I rest my case...

8 answers to this question

Unwanted advertisements received without subscribing to an opt-in list. 100.00%

LMAO. Awsome. Let the truth shine! I see this specific moderator sure has been going around stopping threads. He looks new to me as well (never seen him posting that much). Someone's on a bit of a power trip I think...

orphic..

you didn't see me writing so much posts before? hum...

did i locked your thread? was your thread 100% legal in all ways? please, talk to the moderator that locked your thread. the only reason i'm moderating the web prog. area because i'm helping others...

is for you that so complicated to understand?

orphic this thread is like your sig.. pointless.. You may not use Neowin as hiring ground for your site because that is considered pimping and spamming by me (the admin of Neowin) plus Vinh is a mod because I want him to be.. if you have a problem with this I suggest you deal with this via other means because we also find victimization un-acceptable (especially against mods when there is no problem)

Locked.

Web Programming (HTML, JAVA, PHP, XML etc...)

"In here you can discuss how to implement code or request help"

You can request help but help as in with code related not for asking people to fill your positions at your site.

Posting a thread saying your site needs admins (recruiting users in other words) is not good, if we let you pass, how many more sites will come on these forums to do the same? or even go a bit higher and use it for the just the purpose of spamming? :right:

You could of pm me if you disagree and i would explain to you why I locked it but you started this thread and neobond locked, i will un-lock again so we can setttle it here since you dont seem to like pm function.

Like again, i closed a few threads everyday if i mistaken your thread, please post the link so i can refer to what one i closed. I cant seem to find it. :ermm: