Terminator: Genisys

• 2 months later...

The beginning of Terminator: Genisys, the first of three planned films that Paramount hopes will relaunch the beloved sci-fi franchise, is set in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? Jason Clarke) is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese (Divergent?s Jai Courtney) is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor?s mother, Sarah (Game of Thrones? Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won?t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

Twist No. 1? Sarah Connor isn?t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton?s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991?s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity?s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she?s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger?s Terminator?an older T-800 she calls ?Pops??who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who?s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

tgencover2_large.jpg

PXx1So3.jpg

The only problem I see is that I'm not a fan of basically the entire cast, but we'll see.

Perhaps it'll be like when you take a whole bunch of crappy foods and put them together and for some reason it tastes pretty good. Sadly, I can't think of a single example of that and that probably never happens.

The way they describe it it sounds pretty terrible. I would rather they continued with the salvation cast and story line. I actually liked that movie though I guess I'm one of the few who did.

They should have gone with my idea and starred a SCSI terminator. Using a SCSI cable without a terminator could mean all sorts of data corruption/loss, now THAT'S something truly scary.

Matt Smith just looks ridiculous.

So true! Matt Smith doesn't even fit the role of this film, also is it me or every person looks to clean...

What is the plot if anyone knows cause Sarah Connor is in this film and she died..

• Like 1

A cinema near me is screening Terminator 2 in early December. I'm going to go and watch that, and enjoy the glory days of this once amazing franchise, and try and put the thought that this pile of crap even exists firmly out of my mind. 

• Like 3