Hi Everyone,

i just picked up a sub a lava lsp12 to be more specific.

I was on a restricted budget and found this for just $140 so i decided to give it a shot.

I'm having a real weird issue.

Basically, i tried setting up my sub to my pioneer vsx-1123-k receiver which is a 7.2 receiver.

I have 2 klipsch f-10 speaker as my main left and right, and 5 bose satellite speakers as my surround speakers. 

In my entertainment setup i also have my rogers cable box setup and my ps4... all going through the receiver and outputting to my projector.

When i plugged in the sub with a subwoofer belkin cable i get no bass just a humming noise... i called the manufacturer and they said to open it up and check if something was lose inside, but everything seems ok.. 

Now.. this is where it gets weird...

I tried using it upstairs in my living room... and i set it up on a vsx-523 pioneer receiver... and same issue except this time the humming was very loud!

So for some reason my head told me to try a different plug in the room... and bam! the sub was pounding like crazy!

So i thought maybe i did tighten some wire up.. but no i bring it back downstairs and same problem dim hum and no bass output at all.

any idea what the issue may be?

Some tips on this article as to why it may be humming...

If it does not hum with anything plugged into it, chances are the unit itself is fine. So it could be a grounding issue somewhere. That article has a lot of suggestions.

what do you mean if it does not hum with anything plugged in? That if i just plug it in to a power source without a cable going to the receiver?

Also regarding the article i tried completely unplugging the cable box from the power source... but sub still not outputting anything...

Could very well be the ring main in your house. Electrical interference is 90% the issue when audio hardware hums or crackles.

what do you mean by ring main?

I just had the basement finished and we re-did the electrical and put in a new eletrical panel and fuses and all that stuff... could the issue be coming from there?

what do you mean by ring main?

I just had the basement finished and we re-did the electrical and put in a new eletrical panel and fuses and all that stuff... could the issue be coming from there?

Exactly that. Most houses (although i am in the UK so could be different for you) have several rings that power different parts of the house. These are then fused separately. The ring you're plugging in to, or even the house main, maybe leaking. Causing interference. 

ic so basically the explanation for this is that.. the sub is good... since it worked upstairs on one of the outlets... so it's just a matter of figuring out grounding issues....

now because the basement is finished... is there any work arounds other calling an electrician?

Does this also mean that it is a good sub and not a faulty one?

ic so basically the explanation for this is that.. the sub is good... since it worked upstairs on one of the outlets... so it's just a matter of figuring out grounding issues....

now because the basement is finished... is there any work arounds other calling an electrician?

Does this also mean that it is a good sub and not a faulty one?

How handy are you with a multimeter? (Get the same electrician that did it in the first place to fix the issue)

How handy are you with a multimeter? (Get the same electrician that did it in the first place to fix the issue)

never used one lol