Apache Log Analyzing Tools

Question

8 answers to this question

Where? How?

If your require auth to your webserver - if so, then yes the user is logged - if you have setup your server to do so. If logged, then it could be reported. If you do not require user auth, then all you can get is IP address, or FQDN of the machine that requested a specific page, etc..

Where an How? Well those would both be in Documentation - now wouldn't they :)

If your require auth to your webserver - if so, then yes the user is logged - if you have setup your server to do so. If logged, then it could be reported. If you do not require user auth, then all you can get is IP address, or FQDN of the machine that requested a specific page, etc..

Where an How? Well those would both be in Documentation - now wouldn't they :)

What am I looking for in the documentation? It's not jumping out at me right now, I see nothing about tracking the pages an IP address goes to while connected to the server.

What am I looking for in the documentation? It's not jumping out at me right now, I see nothing about tracking the pages an IP address goes to while connected to the server.

thats because there is NOT a specific section that tells you step by step how to do that - you would have to customize the reports. And most likely if you wanted detailed user info, you would need to use cookies.

The information required to do what you want is there - its just NOT in a simple click here, click there, do this format ;)

Analogs reports can be customized to your hearts content - if the information is logged, you can report on it!