Who will winn the NCAA Basketball Championship?

Who will get past the madness and be the champion this year?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get past the madness and be the champion this year?

• Kansas
    • Florida
    • UConn
    • Duke
    • Kentucky
    • UNC
    • Other (post it)

With a new NCAA basketball season on it's way, it's time for some predictions.

I think Florida has one of the best coaches in the NCAA in Billy Donivan. He always puts together a solid recruting class as he has this year. With only one senior, Florida has a young team. With Anthony Roberson leading the way, I think Florida has a legit chance at the National Championship. :yes:

georgia tech baby :yes: , great defense, very underrated

that would be cool, but its so hard to tell. duke looked good in beating down michigan state last night, but i dont think they will win it. north carolina is the popular pick this year, with roy williams taking over the reigns from matt doherty. i still think they are a year away though.

georgia tech baby :yes: , great defense, very underrated

that would be cool, but its so hard to tell. duke looked good in beating down michigan state last night, but i dont think they will win it. north carolina is the popular pick this year, with roy williams taking over the reigns from matt doherty. i still think they are a year away though.

Very true. they totally took apart Ohio State the other night. Ga Tech will be a very formidable team as the season progresses.

yeah if i had to pick a National Champion right now.. it would be Georgia Tech.. there might not be many nationally known players.. but the guards on GT are probably some of the best in the nation and they showed it against a very strong UConn team.. and then again beating Ohio State at home the other night.. keep an eye on them..

Florida is also looking good in the National Championship hunt.. with a great coach like Donovan the Gators chances are looking good.. Matt Walsh is playing extremely well too.. and he has a really hott girlfriend.. I forgot the playmates name though.. :drool:

I didn't vote...way too early to tell.

One thing: I am a huge Florida Gators football and basketball fan. And I agree that Billy Donavan is one of the top 5 coaches in the country, they have top notch talent, and the Gators look ready to knock off Kentucky for the SEC Champ. this year. BUT, I don't think their defense is strong enough YET, to win them a national title. Too many times in that Arizona game did they leave men wide open under the basket, or let the Arizona guards take them off the dribble. I would like to see them maybe pull out the ol' Pitino Press and see what happens. That was supposed to be the standard defense for the Gators when Donavan took over, but it hasn't panned out quite yet. It will be interesting to see if they can improve on their D the rest of the regular season.

And as much as I would like to see Roy Williams win a national title, it won't be this year only for the extreme lack of a bench. Their starting 5 is probably 2nd to Arizona, but after that it's way downhill. I shudder to think what would happen if one of the starters got hurt. Next year, however, will be the return to glory for UNC. I think in 2005 it will be UNC-Florida in the Final.

I guess for my Final Four this year, though, I'm going to go with Arizona, Duke, Purdue, and <drumroll> FLORIDA!