Anybody here play badminton?

I love badminton because its a sport that focuses on many coordinations and skill. Even though its not that popular in the states, does anybody play??

Yeah I play it weekly here in the UK. Not competition level or anything, just for fun. It's a great sport once you get half good at it. Shame it also doesn't get much TV coverage or anything major though.

I love badminton because its a sport that focuses on many coordinations and skill. Even though its not that popular in the states, does anybody play??

Yep! Me and MapleCookie have been known to play (we're both in the US)! Some of my favorite stories come from us playin'! :)

I played it all the time in school. My friend and I played it every day for like 3 months in school...we got to be really good. Like amazingly good. But then we gave up so there you go.

Yeah. I LOOOVVEEE badminton. I only play at the competition level. Singles and doubles. It's hella fun. But that was in highschool. So its been almost 3 years since I held a racket last. <sigh>

Yep! Me and MapleCookie have been known to play (we're both in the US)! Some of my favorite stories come from us playin'! :)

Like the time I looked up and got a black eye? hehehe I'm so blind! :p

I LOVE badminton! It's not very popular though :( Silly people! It's the only sport that I completely love to play! :D

I used to play badminton back in Pakistan. It was one of the best sports I have ever played. Me and my friends from the neighborhood used to play it regularly. We were very well organised. First we used to play in the park but later the gardener used to kick us out cuz we damaged the grass :s. Then we thought of playing in this empty property in our neighborhood(the area is developing) so we cleaned up the rocks and rubble from the plot and had to water everyday(cuz it was dusty). Then got the net and fixed it to the ground and placed two floodlights(really bright lights) so we could play after dusk. We were total of 8 -10 ppl so we usually played doubles. we used to play for 2 - 3 hrs almost everyday. for supplies we used to pitch in every month.

hmmm the old days I miss em. Now im in the US of A no fun over here :s everyone seems to be so BUSY with their lives (work - school). ppl here dont seem to like to do any physical activities.

Thats my experince with batminton :)

Yep, I play it sometimes with my mates in my huge back garden :)

Been playing since I was 14

Radish?

Very nice to know that there are some neowinians who play badminton. I see that in the UK, there are a handful of people who play it. The states do too, but there are some ignorant people I know who says its not a sport. Shame on them who think its just hitting a little 2 once feather thing back and forth. Too bad they never experienced a smash in the eye... :yes:

all i have to say is badmin sucks when you play with the rules, otherwise it could be one of the funnest sports when you're w/ friends and family and just hit that birdie or whatever they call it :)

wow, congrats brian :p

ya its a great sport. i think number one recreational sport in north america actually. as for lack of tv coverage, ya... thats unfortunate :( i think due to the speed of the birdie :) but its so fun to play. i'd still like to watch though.

i love badminton! i play about 3 hours a day. im ranked 7th in the state :cat:

wow that's cool. I would try to play a lot of badminton but university seems to be interferring with a lot of my time so i haven't played in a while now. Although break is coming up so I'm going to have the chance to play some I hope. :D

badminton is the greatest! I'm a senior in high school and have been on our team all 4 years of high school. We just finished our season as county champions (it doesn't go past counties into states). Our school along with 1 or 2 others really take badminton seriously and we've won the county championship 10 out of the past 12 years. No one knows how competitive it actually is, it's not the backyard game you play at picnics, this is serious! haha. It's a shame that it hasn't spread that much, i'm just glad i happen to live in a county that takes it seriously.

despite the season ending, ive managed to find a local badminton club and a few of my teammates and i have been playing there around 8 hours a week. good times :)

badminton is the greatest! I'm a senior in high school and have been on our team all 4 years of high school. We just finished our season as county champions (it doesn't go past counties into states). Our school along with 1 or 2 others really take badminton seriously and we've won the county championship 10 out of the past 12 years. No one knows how competitive it actually is, it's not the backyard game you play at picnics, this is serious! haha. It's a shame that it hasn't spread that much, i'm just glad i happen to live in a county that takes it seriously.

despite the season ending, ive managed to find a local badminton club and a few of my teammates and i have been playing there around 8 hours a week. good times :)

it is people like you that will keep this sport going.... i love the sport and hate that its not more widely known.... we should meet up and play sometime :yes:

I go to this one community center every friday to play badminton. I gotta say there are pretty good players there. Have you ever heard those people who whine because of their racket? Saying they lost because of their racket? Now that is low. Its the player on the racket, not the racket on the player. Anyways, I got a Muscle Power 55. What do you guys have?

ive played bad mitton before back in gym when i was in highschool , was fun even though "cool kids" would break the equipment and we were forced to run around a track :(

Yup :D Best sport man... I'm a true badminton competitor. I train every Sunday and go to tournaments and stuff :D .. badminton is fun! But I hate it when I play in my school because everyone plays it "backyard" style lol..