Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87

By Paloma Torres and Maria G. Valdez Apr 17 2014, 03:59PM EDT
t06r8j.jpg
Gabriel Garc?a M?rquez, famed Colombian journalist, novelist, short story writer and screenwriter has died at the age of 87. He is considered one of the most significant authors of the 20th century. M?rquez was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1982. He began his career as a journalist while studying law at the National University of Colombia.

Gabriel Garc?a M?rquez has written many acclaimed non-fiction pieces and short stories. He is best known for his novels including ?One Hundred Years of Solitude,? ?Autumn of the Patriarch? and ?Love in the Time of Cholera.? His work introduced his readers to magical realism, which combines facts and fantasy. Other novels he wrote include ?Chronicle of a Death Foretold,? ?No One Writes to the Colonel,? ?In Evil Hour,? ?Of Love and Other Demons? and ?News of a Kidnapping? among others.
Source

RIP. It was pretty much expected given how ill he was lately. I know when we talk about him everyone mentions Cien a?os de soledad and El amor en los tiempos del c?lera, but my first introduction to him was through Cr?nica de una muerte anunciada. If at all you're interested in literature there's no way you wouldn't have at least heard about him.

You should be from Iowa, another planet :)

I am from iowa ;) and now it's the 12th most like post on Neowin!