Weird annoying Problem...need help!!!

Ok I need help....bad......really reallllllyyyyy badddd!!!!

4 days ago I suddenly lost the ability to send or receive email (through the pop server)....my internet connection is fine....I can browse, play games, etc.....

I have tried all possible options that I can think of and still nothing, but I did found something interesting, I can download the emails from yahoo or hotmail.........just can't do it using the email clients (eudora, outlook/express) on the comp (running win xp), because somehow the email client's can't log into the pop server.......

I have several assumptions going on......one is that my comp got infected by a virus that blocks any attempt for me to send or receive email through a pop server (if there is one that do this out there).....or two there's something wrong with the settings in my computer.....

Anybody have experienced the same problem?

If anybody have the same problem and know how to solve it, please let me know.....I would really appreciate it....:)

PS: I don't really want to have to reformat my hd.....

Check the pop3 server in your email settings. Maybe you typed it in wrong. Or maybe you typed in your password wrong. Or maybe you turned on authentication but your ISP doesn't use authentication on it's email server.