DirtyLarry    2,097

I never continued playing and I feel like an utter failure because of it.
You got the best of me Bloodborne.
I just know if I try to get back into it I will be absolutely lost and forget how to play. The timing. Where I have been. It is all gone.

I did enjoy it though, just did not really have the time to dedicate to playing it like I wish I had. Playing an hour here and 15 minutes there never really allowed me to get into a groove.

It is what it is I suppose. I also think part of me did not really want to get in the groove either.

ichi    365
9 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

I just know if I try to get back into it I will be absolutely lost and forget how to play. The timing. Where I have been. It is all gone.

I did enjoy it though, just did not really have the time to dedicate to playing it like I wish I had. Playing an hour here and 15 minutes there never really allowed me to get into a groove.

It is what it is I suppose. I also think part of me did not really want to get in the groove either.

Maybe you can find someone to coop with through the whole game. There are a few specific areas where you either just can't coop or you have to do something before being able to summon other players, but other than that you can progress through almost the whole game with a cooperant.

A friend was just starting NG+ last week, and we went over the first two bosses and a bit into the dlc in less than an hour. Having my NG++ at the very end of the game I could travel to every new lamp he discovered, so it was fast.

Hedon    397

I think co-op is the only way I will find my way though this game as well. I will probably enjoy the game more. I just suck at hard games.

+Audioboxer    2,876
11 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Kill the first 3 bosses, start DLC, "suicide run" for the whirligig saw in DLC, win :p It's a ridiculously good weapon.

helios01    13

DLC was brutal and fun. Had to level up to lvl62 to keep up. Love the Saif, made it my go-to weapon, only complaint is that its charged attack does not do much damage, but otherwise it's moveset is ridiculously good for PVP. Bloodborne was great, it was a bit shallow compared to Souls in its combat depth but the core gameplay was simply perfect, and overall this game felt harder than any of the souls games due to the cursed chalice dungeons. Now I'm ready for more depth in Dark Souls 3. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Garg Ankit
      Sony confirms PlayStation 5 will not support PS1, PS2, or PS3 titles
      by Garg Ankit

Now that the pricing and availability details of the upcoming Sony gaming consoles are out, gamers are eager to get their hands on them and play their hearts out. While PlayStation 4 titles will run on the PlayStation 5, there was a pretty good chance the backward compatibility won't stretch to older consoles.

Sony Interactive Entertainment's CEO Jim Ryan has now confirmed in an interview to Famitsu that PS5 will not be backward compatible with PS3, PS2, or PS1 game titles, while the games purchased for PS4 can be played on the PS5. Ubisoft's support site had stated the same last month, but now there is an official confirmation.

The interview excerpt, as translated by Silicon Era, reads:

It is worth noting that even PlayStation 4 did not support such backward compatibility for PS3 games owing to the unique structure of the latter. In contrast, the rival console maker Microsoft says backward compatible games will run and look better on the newly launched Xbox Series X.

• By indospot
      Sony introduces the Xperia 5 II with a 120Hz 21:9 display, 5G, and triple cameras
      by João Carrasqueira

Sony's smartphones aren't among the most popular nowadays, but that isn't stopping the company from making more of them. Today, Sony announced the Xperia 5 II, and if you're confused, this is closer to the Xperia 1 II flagship than the Xperia 10 II, which was a mid-ranger.

The Xperia 5 II has the same Snapdragon 865 chipset as the Xperia 1 II, and at least in some European markets, it supports 5G, though that won't be the case in the United States. It also has 8GB of RAM, but it cuts down the storage to 128GB, half of what's offered in the Xperia 1 II, though you can expand that with microSD cards.

One of the big changes is in the display, which is a 6.1-inch 21:9 Full HD+ panel with HDR, but with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate and motion blur reduction. By contrast, the Xperia 1 II had a 6.5-inch 4K display, but it had a standard refresh rate. The smaller display also allows the phone to be more compact, which is one of the selling points touted by Sony. Despite that, it has the same 4,000mAh battery as the bigger brother.

As usual, the camera setup is a focus for Sony, with three cameras on the back of the phone borrowing technology from the company's Alpha cameras. All three cameras are 12MP, and they have different focal lengths and field of view, ranging from 34° for the telephoto camera to 124° for the ultra-wide camera. It features Sony's Real-time Eye AF, which means you can keep subjects in focus more easily as they move around. The phone can record video at 4K and 120 frames per second so you can get "cinematic" slow-motion video when you play it back at 24 frames per second.

The Sony Xperia 5 II wil be available on September 29 in the U.S, according to the sales page, and it costs $950. In Europe, Sony only said it's coming in the fall, and it will cost €899/£799.

• By LoneWolfSL
      PlayStation Plus on PS5 will offer a collection of popular PS4 games as a new benefit
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Sony finally revealed the PlayStation 5 consoles' price point and release date during its latest showcase. To further entice its fans, the company also had a new announcement regarding its PlayStation Plus subscription service, which is getting an upgrade on the next-generation consoles.

Arriving with the name PlayStation Plus Collection, this new benefit to the Plus subscription offers "a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation" for the PlayStation 5 at launch. The included games feature high profile PlayStation 4 exclusives like God of War, Bloodborne, and The Last of Us Remastered, as well as third party titles such as Battlefield 1 and Resident Evil 7.

Based on the announcement trailer, here are the 18 games that are included:

Bloodborne Battlefield 1 Batman: Arkham Knight Days Gone Detroit: Become Human Fallout 4 Final Fantasy XV God of War inFamous: Second Son The Last of Us Remastered The Last Guardian Monster Hunter: World Mortal Kombat X Persona 5 Resident Evil 7 Ratchet & Clank Until Dawn Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End The existing benefits like access to online play and the monthly free games will continue as well.

With this move, those jumping into a PlayStation 5 without a backlog of PlayStation 4 games now have the opportunity to experience some of this generation's greatest hits without needing to purchase them individually, similar to what Microsoft offers with Game Pass for next-gen Xbox console buyers.

However, it’s unclear if this is a temporary upgrade to PlayStation Plus, considering PlayStation Now still exists, and Sony hasn't said whether the collection will expand with more games in the future.

• By Namerah S
      New God of War title for PS5 teased by Santa Monica Studio
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Sony's Santa Monica Studio unveiled a sequel to the PlayStation exclusive God of War series at the PS5 event today. Judging by the information provided in the showcase, it is likely that the title will be named Ragnarok.

The video game developer teased a short trailer of the upcoming new title in the franchise, as seen below. Opening with Kratos saying 'time draws near', the teaser ends with the tag line 'Ragnarok is coming'.

Although the teaser only lasted one minute and revealed barely anything about the new God of War title, it did disclose a launch window of 2021. It also hinted that the new game will feature a cold setting, judging by the ice and snow predominantly visible in the trailer.

As expected, the upcoming God of War instalment will only be available on the PlayStation 5 as an exclusive title. Hopefully, further details such as characters and the story of the game will be released in the future.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West are also releasing on PlayStation 4
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

During its PlayStation 5 showcase today, Sony unveiled its new console duo's price points, new trailers for its exclusive games, and more. However, in a blog post following the showcase, the company revealed a surprise decision, which sees several of its upcoming PlayStation 5 titles also releasing on the PlayStation 4.

Horizon Forbidden West, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and SackBoy A Big Adventure are the affected games, which are ditching their PlayStation 5 exclusive status to also arrive on the older platform at launch.

"We know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives," said Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and president Jim Ryan regarding the change of heart. "While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch"

Sony is offering free upgrade options to those who are picking up these PlayStation 4 versions. Anyone who purchases the titles digitally for the PlayStation 4 will be able to gain the PlayStation 5 version across the standard and Digital Edition console variants. However, upgrading the games' physical edition will require the PlayStation 5 with the Blu-Ray disc drive.