Crisis, Believe episodes pulled by NBC, both facing cancellation

dgghws.png

Crisis and Believe have been pulled from the upcoming TV schedules by network NBC.

The decision has sparked rumours that the two dramas are facing cancellation.

Episodes of both shows were set to air on May 18, but both have now been removed from the schedules after struggling in the ratings.

It was recently revealed that Crisis and Believe would air on Watch in the UK later this year.

Starring Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney, Crisis follows an abduction of the children of Washington DC's powerful elite.

Meanwhile, JJ Abrams' Believe is about a feisty young girl named Bo (Johnny Sequoyah) who possesses special abilities.

Believe was created by Children of Men and Harry Potter filmmaker Alfonso Cuar?n, who directed the pilot episode and serves as an executive producer alongside Abrams.

Source

It astounds me that networks won't at least give series like these a complete run. There are many classic TV series that launched to poor ratings but were given chance to develop.

Some of my favourite TV series were cancelled before they had chance to develop an audience (Firefly, The Good Guys).

Why not just let the series finish it's course at least?
I haven't watched these shows but every show deserves to run its entire season before being cancelled, feel bad for the people who got into this.

It astounds me that networks won't at least give series like these a complete run. There are many classic TV series that launched to poor ratings but were given chance to develop.

Some of my favourite TV series were cancelled before they had chance to develop an audience (Firefly, The Good Guys).

I've often wonder how they make that determination, and best that I can come up with, based on an educated guess from what I've read between the lines is that a lot of it has to do with the production cost verses what they can make up from ad sales.

If production costs $1 million, but the show isn't doing great in the ratings, they may be able to pull the show and air something else in its place that they can sell ads for $1.1 million. That's an overly simplistic way of looking at it, but from what I gather, that is at least a factor in the decision making.

I've never heard of either of those shows. So maybe that's their problem. No one knows they exist.

Believe was a JJ Abrams produced show and they advertised it like crazy, so not sure how you missed it :p

Even a thread created by Rappy, err, Damien  :laugh: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1151626-believe/?view=findpost&p=595683586 

Why not just let the series finish it's course at least?

I haven't watched these shows but every show deserves to run its entire season before being cancelled, feel bad for the people who got into this.

They can make more money airing something else at that timeslot.. that's why they can it.

Not saying I agree with it,  but that's why.

I've often wonder how they make that determination, and best that I can come up with, based on an educated guess from what I've read between the lines is that a lot of it has to do with the production cost verses what they can make up from ad sales.

If production costs $1 million, but the show isn't doing great in the ratings, they may be able to pull the show and air something else in its place that they can sell ads for $1.1 million. That's an overly simplistic way of looking at it, but from what I gather, that is at least a factor in the decision making.

Believe was a JJ Abrams produced show and they advertised it like crazy, so not sure how you missed it :p

Even a thread created by Rappy, err, Damien  :laugh: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1151626-believe/?view=findpost&p=595683586 

I don't actually watch tv so maybe that's why?  :laugh:

I mostly stick to netflix.

I don't actually watch tv so maybe that's why?  :laugh:

I mostly stick to netflix.

I hear ya. I don't watch much live tv anymore either, I mostly stick to Amazon Prime, Netflix and Plex Media Server these days too.

I hate to see these shows get canceled for those who were fans though. I certainly know what that's like (Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, The 4400, Fairly Legal, FlashFoward, V, The Killing*, Out of Practice, Good Guys, Better Off Ted, just to name a few).

*Yes, I realize that The Killing has been renewed three times after being canceled twice, but before it got resurrected, I had those same sad feelings about it being canceled and how it ended like those other shows. Thankfully Netflix road in on the white horse to save the day.

I hear ya. I don't watch much live tv anymore either, I mostly stick to Amazon Prime, Netflix and Plex Media Server these days too.

I hate to see these shows get canceled for those who were fans though. I certainly know what that's like (Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, The 4400, Fairly Legal, FlashFoward, V, The Killing*, Out of Practice, Good Guys, Better Off Ted, just to name a few).

*Yes, I realize that The Killing has been renewed three times after being canceled twice, but before it got resurrected, I had those same sad feelings about it being canceled and how it ended like those other shows. Thankfully Netflix road in on the white horse to save the day.

To be honest though...some of those shows are available on netflix and amazon prime.  I started rewatching 4400, flash forward, and V.  I can honestly understand why they were canceled.  Even though I liked them when they were initially on, watching them the 2nd time around shows just how crappy they really were.

It's not about the shows. It's about advertising.

The problem with todays TV... is it's all about making ratings, and higher they are and more money the networks make. So if the first few episodes of a new series do poorly, they get cancelled because they fear that there not going to make money.

American Idol ruined everything.  If they don't get stellar ratings its just cut now.  Funny thing, Seinfeld wouldn't have made it in today's market.

To be honest though...some of those shows are available on netflix and amazon prime.  I started rewatching 4400, flash forward, and V.  I can honestly understand why they were canceled.  Even though I liked them when they were initially on, watching them the 2nd time around shows just how crappy they really were.

I can agree with you on V, I thought it was pretty poor when it initially aired, but The 4400 is one of my top favorite shows of all time. You and me are gonna have words like you said something bad about Star Trek or Star Wars to their fans if you really think it was crappy  :rofl:

I rewatch The 4400 every couple of years on Netflix. Just wish USA hadn't canceled it.  :cry: