Two free apps I'm looking for

The country I live in is legal to record calls. I have an iphone 5, ios7, and are there any free apps tha you aware of that could record both the outgoing and incoming calls? Ive heard that you could do so once you jailbreak it, but I dno't want to do that

Also, is there an app that is able to track down the phone if you know the phone number that you want to search for? (universal tracking?)

Apple runs a walled garden, and recording calls is against their walled garden ethics. So get another phone that runs android and install miui ROM which has it baked in (along with a plethora of other ROMs), download one of the 200+ call record/malware apps on the google play store, or shut up and jailbreak your device to install non-walled garden approved apps. There isn't a chance apple would let one of those apps hit the app store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-recorder-intcall/id521680097?mt=8

http://recordertheapp.com/

http://www.acrobits.cz/4/acrobits-softphone-for-iphone

None of these work for free, they cost $$$, need credits or a VoIP account or something.

As for triangulating your phone, apple offers that as a service. If you want to triangulate someone elses phone you need to link it to your apple account or I think you need a warrant. If you are after names I think 411 still works at least in North America to find out names...

Also, is there an app that is able to track down the phone if you know the phone number that you want to search for? (universal tracking?)

As far as I know there is not a way for the public to do this without getting the consent of the other person - like srbeen said, in that case you can link the phone to your account and use the "find my phone" service. Trying to do it any other way, without the user's consent, would be an invasion of privacy. In theory even law enforcement need warrants to do such a thing, I believe.
  • Like 1

The country I live in is legal to record calls. I have an iphone 5, ios7, and are there any free apps tha you aware of that could record both the outgoing and incoming calls? Ive heard that you could do so once you jailbreak it, but I dno't want to do that

The easiest way is to probably jailbreak your phone.  If you are fully updates to the latest version of iOS, don't expect a JB anytime soon...maybe early next year sometime when iOS 8.1 comes out...:D.  Alternatively, there are also services that cost money monthly but will give you a phone number to use that will record every call.  It isn't the best solution, as if people are calling you and you want their conversation recorded they will need to call you with this new number that the service gives you.  Recording a phone call that you make involves calling a special number first (like a 1-800) and entering the phone number you are trying to call so that the call is routed through your voice recorded phone service.  Jailbreaking is really the only elegant solution that I know of that allows you to use your same phone number.

I've found that the old style iPod Nanos (they older 5th gen, not the newer one) had a fantastic microphone and voice recording capabilities.  Its size was also ideal for covertly recording a conversation and it works well if your phone is on speaker phone for recording a conversation.  I too live in a state where recording a conversation is not illegal, and I had to at one point when someone was trying to extort money out of me (black mail).

Although your last question sounds very stalker-ish, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you want to just have an Apple Maps view of where your friends are, use the Find Friends app.  Your friends will have to give you access and they will have to leave the app on, background updating, but it will accomplish what you want unless what it is that you want is to track someone's location secretly.