look what I found on my door step...

I'm an official empty box manager at Amazon.  Please seal the box exactly as you have in the picture with the included merchandise and send it to me immediately.  I will look into this matter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 3

i get stuff like this all the time at work. I will order something rather small like a CradlePoint IBR600 which has a rather small box about the size of 4 decks of cards, and it will come in a box that could easily fit 10 units. just filled with paper.

I ordered a MicroSim in NZ from Dick Smith, and it came in a 30cm square box.  An envelope would have probably been enough.

I was once a shipper. Here's why they did it. If that thing had arrived in a smaller box with less packing material, and it showed up on your doorstep broken, you woulda been angry. Think about how much of a beating packages take during the delivery process. "Oops I just dropped this box. Oh well", would be the delivery man's attitude. "At least I got it delivered on time, that's all that matters." So you should be thanking the person at Amazon that cared enough about your product to secure it the way that they did. I know I would be extremely thankful for my package arriving on time, and no damaged product. Count your blessings. ;) --an experienced shipper.

• Like 3

We get the same thing at work all the time too, except from other companies, like CDW, TigerDirect, Plantronics and even Dell sometimes too.

Yeah, it's crazy what some stuff comes in, a simply jiffy bag, (bubble wrap envelope) would be more than adequate for some items they send

(Had to state box was too big for quite a few purchases made on amazon recently)

Too easy to get damaged, I can see why the used a box (even if it was a large one).

I've never had a SIM sent to be in an envelope damaged.  Ever.  And at a guess, I've had about 10 sent out this way. 

I've never had a SIM sent to be in an envelope damaged.  Ever.  And at a guess, I've had about 10 sent out this way. 

You've been lucky 10 times then.

I've had things sent in envelopes that have been damaged before.

Edit : I care not for what position you claim to hold, and I can say quite confidently you have been very lucky. I personally have had a few damaged (or lost) items, and I know of plenty of others that have too.

Maybe they're just better in the city areas than the regional ones. But on the whole I agree they do a great job.

Edited by Raa

You've been lucky 10 times then.

I've had things sent in envelopes that have been damaged before.

I can honestly say, since I've been working in my current position of 6 years, getting 10+ postal items of Aus Post a day, I have never once seen any damaged envelopes.  All in all, I think they do an absolutely fantastic job.

In saying that, the SIM was sent via NZ Post, so maybe they are more useless than our fat bikie posties.

I was going to refrain from posting about the condition of amazon parcels, but in the UK they're delivered by courier service, and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a damaged amazon parcel neither