How many shaves until you replace your Razor Blade?

Shaving Razor Blade Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many shaves until you replace your Razor Blade

• 1 - 5
    • More than 17 times
    • Until it pulls so many hairs on my face it hurts to shave.
  2. 2. How many times do you shave per week

• More than 3 times per day

I shave once a week, and I keep using the same razor until it starts pulling hairs rather than cutting them. Razors are freaking expensive (for some unknown reason) so I like to get as much use out of them as I can.

Same with me.  I also use a DE safety razor and I usually get 5-7 shaves out of each blade.  Realize though that I buy a pack of 100 blades from amazon for $10.53 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QY8QXM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) ( So at about 5 shaves a piece that should last me 500 shaves.)

Since there are 365 days in a standard calendar year that should last 1.37 years.  So, that is $7.29 for blades for an entire year and around $0.30 for the first part of the second year.  That is one hell of a deal considering a standard 5 pack of Gillette mach 3 blades at walmart cost $14.47 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gillette-MACH3-Cartridges/14237852) and last around 4-5 months depending on usage.

I bought 2000 packs (of 5 blades each) of Gillette Silver Blue blades for ?120.

If one of those blades works out at 5-7 shaves per blade, so one blade per week.

Doing the math = a lot of years worth of shaving.

-----

I tried rubbing my old Gillette Fusion razor on some denim but it didn't sharpen the blade.  All it did was get a load of blue sticky gunk on the blade.

Using DE means I get a slightly different shave with every different blade I use.  Put that together with the different creams, brushes, soaps you can use.....  shaving is no longer a chore these days!

Someone once put it that it's all about the voyage of discovery than the island of paradise so to speak.

I am still using the same razor blade as I was 20 years ago.

Shaving smooth and close as I rejuvenate my razor with Razor Gator.

I shave at most 3x a week, sometimes I shave only once a week,  and I keep the blade until it starts to hurt shaving or if it's a special occasion and I need a clean shave then I'll change blades. As I have a hard time justifying the price for blades

I go to Costco to buy blades in bulk and that will last over a year.

I bought 2000 packs (of 5 blades each) of Gillette Silver Blue blades for ?120.

If one of those blades works out at 5-7 shaves per blade, so one blade per week.

Doing the math = a lot of years worth of shaving.

-----

I tried rubbing my old Gillette Fusion razor on some denim but it didn't sharpen the blade.  All it did was get a load of blue sticky gunk on the blade.

Using DE means I get a slightly different shave with every different blade I use.  Put that together with the different creams, brushes, soaps you can use.....  shaving is no longer a chore these days!

Someone once put it that it's all about the voyage of discovery than the island of paradise so to speak.

I tried the gillette silver blue but I hated the results.