New St Louis Cardinals ballpark images

The St. Louis Cardinals today unveiled a series of 20 detailed computer rendered images of its new ballpark, slated to open in 2006. the park will be built between busch stadium and Highway 40. if youve been to busch before, youll know there isnt enough room for a ballpark between busch and Highway 40, so in fall 2005, they will tear down a lot of the stadium on that side, similar to the treatment Riverfront Stadium got when Great American Ballpark was being built. This will look really weird on busch though, because that will be down the first base line rather than the outfield. St. Louis has some of the most loyal and knowledgable baseball fans out there, im happy for them. no one should be forced to go watch games in one of those cookie cutter stadiums of the 60s anymore.

go read the story and see the pictures here

Edited by CatnipOligarthy

The St. Louis Cardinals today unveiled a series of 20 detailed computer rendered images of its new ballpark, slated to open in 2006. the park will be built between busch stadium and I-40. if youve been to busch before, youll know there isnt enough room for a ballpark between busch and I-40

If the Cardinals were to build between the current Busch Stadium and I-40, they would have LOTS of room, since I-40 runs through Memphis at its closest point to St. Louis.

I-64, however, runs right next to where the new stadium will be, and is the old U.S. Highway 40.

yeah its not exactly an original design, but the views of downtown st louis are cool. some of the pictures of the outside do look a lot like turner field and arlington, that brick look is nice in my opinion though

If the Cardinals were to build between the current Busch Stadium and I-40, they would have LOTS of room, since I-40 runs through Memphis at its closest point to St. Louis.

I-64, however, runs right next to where the new stadium will be, and is the old U.S. Highway 40.

:pinch: my bad, fixed

That's the football cardinal's new stadium. They just broke ground on it about a week ago and it's right next to the new Phoenix Coyotes Hockey arena which looks really nice. I only live about 5 miles from it so I pass by them each day and checkout the progress.

oh i didnt know they were actually giving the arizona cardinals their new park. with attendance so bad, i thought they were thinking about moving the team to LA, i guess i was misinformed.

oh i didnt know they were actually giving the arizona cardinals their new park. with attendance so bad, i thought they were thinking about moving the team to LA, i guess i was misinformed.

nah man, arizona landed the 2008 superbowl in their new stadium.

no one should be forced to go watch games in one of those cookie cutter stadiums of the 60s anymore.
Well it's not too bad anymore, with all the changes in the past 5 years or so. But yeah, they can't change the fact that a bronzed turd is still a turd.

Yeah, the new one looks pretty nice. They say it'll also be a bit more modern in the concourses, wider, better concessions and all that. My dad saw the last game at the old ballpark and the first at Busch Stadium, and wants to do the same for this one - though it'll be much more expensive this time around :p

now if they can keep from giving it a corporate name

I just know they will :(

It's okay if it's Busch though, tradition and all...

Edited by Danrarbc641

now if they can keep from giving it a corporate name :whistle:

i seriously doubt it. it will most likely be something anheuser busch related. but if they could make it gateway stadium (because of the arch, not the computer company) or cardinals stadium or something relating to the city, that would definitely be cool

pnc park all the way...one of the nicest baseball fields you'll ever see.

too bad the pirates suck. (but they have the highest winning percentage of all pro pittsburgh teams in any sport)

too bad the pirates suck. (but they have the highest winning percentage of all pro pittsburgh teams in any sport)

that doesnt say much for the steelers or the pens :happy:, nah the pirates did have some good years, and the championships in '60 and '79