Xbox One Update: June 2014

Mine never signs me in in under 10 seconds, I've done more calibrations that Garrus Vakarian. 

I didn't even realise it didn't auto sign me in! I never realised it was the Kinect signing me in because the first thing i always saw was the "Hi Mike!" screen and just assumed it was because i was the XBL gold member in the household.

I must have a much more pleasant face than you McKay ;) 

• Like 1

Have you tried to plug that into a pc and see if you can access parts of it? I'm mainly wondering about the option of loading your own media on it. I know there are currently no apps that support local media playback, but it could come if external drives can be used in that way.

Unviewable on a PC. I haven't tried it on my mac or linux box though.

it wipes the entire drive.

Have a look at my tutorial on How to copy files to and from an Xbox One USB Formatted hard drive using a Windows PC

The drive is basically NTFS formatted, however the MBR is changed so Windows cant access the drive by default. An app has already been released that basically put the drive in a state where Windows can read it, then changes the MBR back to a state so the Xbox One can read it again.

In doing so you can copy Xbox One apps / games / demos to your PC, just like with the Xbox 360. I could not get the Xbox One to read any audio / video files off the drive however.

34xls9y.jpg

I didn't even realise it didn't auto sign me in! I never realised it was the Kinect signing me in because the first thing i always saw was the "Hi Mike!" screen and just assumed it was because i was the XBL gold member in the household.

I must have a much more pleasant face than you McKay ;)

I can understand the confusion, but I'm pretty sure my Xbox gets too distracted admiring my ruggedly good looks to sign me in. ;)

• Like 1

Does this mean to can make copies of downloaded games and share them with our friends? o.O

Yes, however your friends still need a profile signed in which has a licence to play the game, or the game disc to be in the console. So this will not allow piracy on the Xbox One.

DRM free content such as game demos might be able to be shared however, just as they can be on the Xbox 360.

Does this mean to can make copies of downloaded games and share them with our friends? o.O

Nope.

Console still needs the license on the account / console and it's probably a unique encryption per title.

Have you tried this? http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter

I used it with my Turtle Beach X31s I had with my 360 and works great.  Only minor problem I had was getting games sound from both the controller and tv.  I used the buttons on the device to balance all sound to voice chat and now I have separate volume levels for chat and games sounds as the headset also had it's won volume controls.

Thanks a lot dude, didn't realize they sold this separately. Kind of a cheeky way to make more money, but i think will have no choice but to order this soon as my ears hurt. So this will route all audio through the controller? Or only chat? Maybe i'm thick and didn't get it. Either way, i could just use an in-ear headset with this adapter, and then my big headphones over that. It will hurt less than the current setup :wacko:

Thanks a lot dude, didn't realize they sold this separately. Kind of a cheeky way to make more money, but i think will have no choice but to order this soon as my ears hurt. So this will route all audio through the controller? Or only chat? Maybe i'm thick and didn't get it. Either way, i could just use an in-ear headset with this adapter, and then my big headphones over that. It will hurt less than the current setup :wacko:

It routes all audio, however with the game vs chat balance buttons you can make it only give you one.  As mentioned I had to do this so it only gave chat as I was already getting game sounds from the tv / wireless receiver for the headset.

• Like 1

It routes all audio, however with the game vs chat balance buttons you can make it only give you one.  As mentioned I had to do this so it only gave chat as I was already getting game sounds from the tv / wireless receiver for the headset.

Thanks, will probably get it then next payday heh heh. I need it, at least for Titanfall which in intend to Gen 10.

The June update has started rolling out, you can do a manual check to get it now or just wait for your XB1 to download it on it's own in the BG. 

• Like 1

The June update has started rolling out, you can do a manual check to get it now or just wait for your XB1 to download it on it's own in the BG. 

Cheers for the heads up. A bit earlier than i expected but i guess they need to get all the TV stuff to the UK asap to capitalise on the World Cup properly.

*p.s. i will be spending the duration of the world cup avoiding pubs and just generally enjoying the fact that the streets will be nice and quiet.

Just thought I'd drop this here as well.  This was tweeted not that long ago.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Make of that what you will, but I do remember talk about them freeing up more of that 10% reserve for developers, sounds like they did/started to.

• Like 1

Is it me, or does Kinect seem to work better with the update?

I have seen other people comment on this. My experience never got 'bad', but it does seem like the range of voice detection has improved. It would be great news for those you still wanting to use it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to optimize the Kinect code and make it work better while also reducing the resources it needed, thus the rest of the June SDK update news.

I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to optimize the Kinect code and make it work better while also reducing the resources it needed, thus the rest of the June SDK update news.

Whatever they did, it is working much much better. I dont have to repeat myself nearly as often, I can talk in a normal volume voice. I like the voice command feature so big applause for MS on this one. Hope it doesnt change.

• Like 1

I'm a DISH customer, and I always use the TV app to watch TV and guide.  Would I get any benefit out of the Oneguide on Xbox One?  Does anyone use Dish or DirectTV, and use the oneguide instead?  What are your thoughts?

I'm a DISH customer, and I always use the TV app to watch TV and guide.  Would I get any benefit out of the Oneguide on Xbox One?  Does anyone use Dish or DirectTV, and use the oneguide instead?  What are your thoughts?

You can use OneGuide...  your Xbox will setup your TV and the rest .... all you do is follow the instructions on the screen.

You can use OneGuide...  your Xbox will setup your TV and the rest .... all you do is follow the instructions on the screen.

Thanks but really didn't answer the question(s).  I know I CAN use it, but what is the advantage? Disadvantage is I can't access my dvr.

Oh.. I am sorry..

It's great. But not sure about dish services...

I can access DVR on my cable box via smartglass. 

You can't access DVR via OneGuide.. because OneGuide is a TV listings...  OneGuide can change the channels for you as soon as you select a show on the grid. then hit the play.

If you want to access DVR, try smartglass app on any device such as ipad, PC, etc.

The Kinect unplugged warning has finally been removed! This is nice, good that they got around to addressing this.

The Kinect unplugged warning has finally been removed! This is nice, good that they got around to addressing this.

what's your version number? 

Mine doesn't have it removed..  Still the same.

what's your version number? 

Mine doesn't have it removed..  Still the same.

Sorry man, not at home so can't check :s

Will post as soon as i can, which will be tomorrow....