Dreamweaver MX 2004

Question

Hiya!

I have just being shopping in town and I bought some new programs! Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004, Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Yipee! Cost me enough though! :D I have installed all the programs and entered the serial codes etc, and loaded them up for the first time and fine. All the programs work, accept for Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver seems to load up fine and then I click on a new HTML page, (it does not make a difference to the problem if you click on another one) and then you press the button for the new table and the error on the attached image comes up, you click on Ok. Then you are buggered, as all that happens is that everything freezes on you and you have to close the program down via Task Manager. Then when Dreamweaver is gone everything is ok again. Have a look at the screenshot below and if you can, tell me how to fix the god-darn error!

Cheers,

JMann :D

p.s The whole thing was 350K! So I had to reduce it just to the error! :blush:

post-46-1070815066.jpg

I don't know a specific fix for this sorry for that but you might want to go to www.macromedia.com and see if there are any patches available.

Greetz,

Kilroy

Ok guys, Sybold cheers for moving the thread, I was not sure where to put it in the first place any ways! So cheers, and in answer to your question it is Version 7.0. Right, I have re-installed in twice on two different PC's and I still get the same problem. So that doesn't help, I will go on the Macromedia site in a second so cheers. I will post back with a reply when I get back from the Macromedia site.

Cheers,

JMann

uh, yeah, that is what windows update is for ;)

it works like this

company releases product

people find holes

they make patches

user applies patch

new build number

All the programs work, accept for Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver seems to load up fine and then I click on a new HTML page, (it does not make a difference to the problem if you click on another one) and then you press the button for the new table and the error on the attached image comes up, you click on Ok.

I have this same problem but it is really random. That same message will come up maybe once every few hours that i work in dreamweaver. Usually it happens when i right click something i think... but right clicking does not always cause it.

There's no current update for Dreamweaver available -- there is for Fireworks, but not for Dreamweaver.

I have DWMX2004 and have never had this problem -- I'll do some hunting about for you and see if I can come up with any suggestions. It's very odd that the same problem is replicated on two computers.

It is most strange, I have emailed them and hopefully they will give me some answers. Xenonic Rob if you could do some looking that would be great!

Cheers,

JMann

I have this exact same problem, it always comes up when I try to select text, I tried replacing the file it complains about with the one from Dreamweaver MX 2k3, but it still has problems :/