Samsung's enormous Galaxy W is official with a 7-inch display

Samsung's enormous Galaxy W is official with a 7-inch display

samsung_galaxy_w.jpg?itok=GJcEV_Ok

The much rumored 7-incher from Samsung is real and it just got an official announcement for SK Telecom over in Korea. While big on size the Galaxy W isn't so big on specs with a 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, 1.5GB of RAM, a 3500mAh battery, 16GB onboard storage an 8MP camera and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Despite Samsung's recent launches coming with Android 4.4 KitKat, the Galaxy W for some reason takes a step back in time.

The larger screen ? which is pegged at HD, so 720p we're guessing ? brings about some more tablet-esque features such as a landscape capable home screen. The Galaxy W also has the same stitched, faux leather back we've seen previously on the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 Black Edition

Right now it looks as though the Galaxy W is a Korea only affair. What is notable about the design is that despite its gargantuan size it still looks like a smartphone. Compare this then to something like ASUS' Fonepad ? a similiarly sized phone/tablet crossover ? which certainly looks more like a tablet.

It'll cost 499,400 won in Korea which equates to around $490. So, not the most expensive device in the world, but certainly one with a niche audience.

Source: androidcentral

I like a phone big enough to kill a man with.

I lol'd :D

That just looks ridiculous (the guy holding that phone to his face)...I think 5" is the practical limit without looking silly holding a phone to your face. For a bigger phone (>5"), I'd just use a bluetooth headset. 

even the guy in the photo is like, look how horrible i look using this as a phone. also it almost looks like they photoshopped it into his hand.

• Like 2

Yeah, it looks stupid trying to use it like a phone. Actually, I see basically the same thing when people are using 5" phones too. Those are stupidly large too.

Bigger screen, bigger TouchWiz, bigger lag.... Count me in.  /s

Well technically it is running at 720p/1080p (not clear) so it shouldn't lag more because of larger screen :P But yeah, I'm with you. Touchwiz is garbage, played with it on my friend's GS4 & Note 3, and just holy hell. What is Samsung thinking? 

Bigger screen, bigger TouchWiz, bigger lag.... Count me in.  /s

It is Samsung tho.  They are innovative and their TW software comes with a lot of cool apps to use that will benefit your everyday life.  So the lag is more than worth it!!!

Now, excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap for saying such vile things.

• Like 2