WWDC 2014 Keynote discussion.

Installed onto an external drive for my MBP. The new 10.10 font is hideous and the translucent pulldown menus are ugly with my dark background. Hopefully the dark theme will improve that. Not sold on the new icons either...

I quite like the new font. The folder icons are too garish for me. Curious to see what the dark theme is like. Maybe it will be in the next DP.

As for the flat icons and existing apps you can get a taste of that with a stock install as iTunes still has it's regular icon. It doesn't stick out as much as I thought as the icons aren't as flat as, say, Metro. There's still a bit of depth to them.

Overall I'm liking it better than I expected. It's a long way from some of Apple's earlier questionable interface choices like pinstripes and brushed metal.

I'm more curious how they can call this 'continuity', seems like a lot like convergence to me.  Except you can only play in one pool.

It's continuity in the sense that you can continue a task that you started on another device.

iMessage + Calls on the computer is great since I'm at my computer 90% of the time

I do think that will be quite  handy feature for me since im on the mac alot for my work! The only question (and they may have skipped this) will this feature be specific to the new mac models? I know that my late 2009 Mac Book will run Mavericks and the new Yosemite when thats released - but you have to wonder whether these features will be even available for older macs.

In terms of the GUI of Mac OS 10 Yosemite i have to say it looks quite nice I like transluscent effects when they are done right and i honestly think Apple have done a great job in giving a consistant look between Mac OS 10 and iOS 8 in this regard.

:)

Edited by BeerMuffin

Continuity should work on all Macs supported by Yosemite.

earlier models lack Bluetooth LE unless you purchase a BT dongle as replacement then it might actually work.