Twitter Client for Mac?

That's what people tell me, so it's worth the $20 price tag?

Yup, I love it and own all 3 versions. Couldn't use anything else now.

Before Tweetbot I used Tweetie, but Twitter bought them and ruined the client (which is now the official OS X app). It was a really good client back then but quite simple in retrospect. I've preferred the "power user" app for some time now which is what I would class Tweetbot as. If you're a light user then one of the free apps may be more than enough.

Try out all the alternatives first if you want to save yourself the $ but I don't think there's many that come close to the same design and features. This article might help you but I'd still suggest putting some time in with each to get a good feel for what works or doesn't work.

• Like 2

Tweet Bot, best IOS and MAC twitter client around.  And while you are add it, make sure you follow me on twitter =)

another vote for tweetbot. i really wish it were available on Android and Windows 8

The official client (from the Mac App Store) works great.

Wow,there is SO MUCH BETTER out there than the bland official client....

It's free to try out and see if it's what you need. I'm not a "power user" so have no desire to pay ?14 to do what the official client already does - let me tweet, view tweets, and be notified when anything happens.

Depends on what you do with it.

Hi everyone, I'm new to Mac and would love a good twitter client for running multiple business accounts.  Suggestions?

Thank you!

I personally use Tweetbot. For business use you could try it, too, but you could try TweetDeck (native app) or HootSuite web app. I don?t know about TweetDeck, but HootSuite does allow a lot more tweet management features than other Twitter clients for personal use.

If you don't want to spend any money and a basic twitter user then the official client is fine, but i'm a Tweetbot user and wouldn't use anything else. 

The app is not expensive, it's just that other apps are too cheap. Many apps are priced way below their worth because of the worry that it wouldn't sell because of the whole "app culture" and everyone expecting apps for pennies.. (not that i'm complaining)

I use Tweetdeck, it's free and works fine with multiple accounts for me. Your layout / settings should sync between devices too so handy if you use both Windows and OSX.

• 1 year later...

I agree with Tweetbot. I wouldn't recommend any other client.

I have a question on Tweetbot. Will any DM's or messages, as well as time line language that is not in my language (English) automatically be translated? I am currently using TweetDeck, the Standalone app, not the browser extension, and i have many followers in Arabic, Spanish, and many other languages other than English and it is quite a pain to have to open Twitter in a browser in order to read their message. I see that TweetBot is only $12.99 and that is a very fair price for a Twitter app that will make reading dm's, mentions, and general timeline tweets from my non-English speaking followers.