Xbox Music and Video App updates

Hey, did any notice the speed boost from these apps now they been updated? Music opens up faster and there's no long loading... anymore. Video opens up faster too.

It is a substantial improvement but I still think that it was stupid that it was necessary in the first place.  Why is making a functional music app so difficult?

It is a substantial improvement but I still think that it was stupid that it was necessary in the first place.  Why is making a functional music app so difficult?

I wouldn't say it's difficult just that when they switched over to the app they started from an older build and it's like all the other apps in the store now, before this the default music+videos app was baked into the OS and was more "native".  That itself gave it better performance, the apps now have basically started over from scratch.  They'll get there though, as long as MS sticks to this update schedule.

It's no improvement to me and I still have to stare at blank/black screens whenever I try to do anything in the app. I saw a comment on reddit that mentioned keeping local songs out of the Music folder helps but haven't tried it yet.

It is still a steaming pile of dogshit on my phone. :angry: