PS4 outsells XBox One in June despite price cut.

So the difference, per NPD, for the US between the two is 72k for the month and ~700k in the US.  I'd hardly call that a huge lead really.  If MS can bring a good deal of games going forward and maybe even another aggressive cut in 2015 I don't see how they can't retake the US market and eat into that 700k lead Sony has.

Either way I'm personally not rushing out to get either at this point, I'll game on my PC for now until both have better libraries to pick from, and this time I'll try to get both if possible since, at least at this point, it still looks like JRPGs are going to be on the PS4 mostly unless MS pulls some big deals like it did at the start of the 360 but then forgot about.

So the difference, per NPD, for the US between the two is 72k for the month and ~700k in the US.  I'd hardly call that a huge lead really.  If MS can bring a good deal of games going forward and maybe even another aggressive cut in 2015 I don't see how they can't retake the US market and eat into that 700k lead Sony has.

Sure if MS does some magical thing and outsells the PS4 by tens of thousands of units a month it will only take a few months for them to catch up. Sony isn't going to sit still either though but lets set that aside. The perception is, right or wrong, that MS is pulling out all the stops (removing the paywall, matching price, removing the 10% Kinect reserve, etc.) and they still can't catch Sony so what is this magical thing they can do to start catching up? I'm not saying that's right but it's about optics. Sony just keeps a steady coarse and keeps winning while MS appears to be frantically trying to adapt yet no matter what they do they just can't seem to catch up.

A for games I doubt there will be many 3rd party exclusives going forward and cross platform reviews tend to focus on resolution-gate which hurts them. Titanfall couldn't save them but sure maybe they'll come out with some amazing exclusive first party title and blow everyone away. What would that be though? Maybe Halo but the the original Halo devs are making Destiny with it's PS4 exclusives so that doesn't help. If they have some next-big-thing coming it's really not clear to the public. On the other hand PS4 has PS Now, PS TV, and Project Morpheus in the pipes. Now maybe they will all suck and flop but maybe one or more of them will be the next big thing... who knows. At least there are things to point to for Sony that may become a game changer (or maybe not), what does MS have coming? Maybe they are just being more quiet about what they're working on, maybe they do have some amazing new thing in the works. Heck maybe tomorrow they'll come out with the most amazing Kinect game ever that will sells tons of systems AND Kinects and they'll crush Sony. As it stands though there isn't anything like that in the public conscience and that's a marketing nightmare.

cant believe this info was available in plain sight from previous months and nobody noticed. they still havent taken them down yet.

People did notice, I've been quoting the numbers the past 2 days :p

It's all over the internet, Gaf, Reddit etc etc. We didn't pull 77K X1s, 140K Wii U, 150K 3DS etc out of thin air :laugh:

People did notice, I've been quoting the numbers the past 2 days :p

It's all over the internet, Gaf, Reddit etc etc. We didn't pull 77K X1s, 140K Wii U, 150K 3DS etc out of thin air :laugh:

i understand some npd numbers always get leaked, like hardware most of the time, but im talking about the fine detail gamecrate has always been posting for the last few months the same day the reports are out.

I still haven't decided on which console yet. In Canada, the PS4 is much more expensive than the XB1. 

I know, but we also know it's not 180K seeing as VGC are unable to double a number correctly. Their info is nonsense.

VGC: 110K for May

MS: We more than doubled last month

VGC: 180K for June!!! ( :huh:)

But yes, we're talking about estimates, never denied that. Most are going on the assumption that they did minimum 77K last month and 154K this month. We'll have a better idea on Sony's number as there is bound to be a milestone announced, possibly at Gamescom. The 100 million PS3, Vita and PS4 numbers gave us a small hint already 2 weeks ago.

Yup -- VGC is complete bullcrap. I don't think they actually do any real work to obtain their figures, they just guess and then make the total count random (such as 151,543 instead of just 150,000) to make it look legitimate. I'm sure they get good traffic, given how insane gamers go over hardware sales.

So PlayStation has probably "won" this generation. If you define winning by numbers sold. 

But in the end as long as both companies turn a profit they all win. Its like saying Pepsi has lost to coca cola because they aren't as popular. Both companies are still rolling in the dough. 

I don't understand this mentality that for one to win the other has to lose. That attitude almost destroyed Apple in the 90s.

So PlayStation has probably "won" this generation. If you define winning by numbers sold. 

But in the end as long as both companies turn a profit they all win. Its like saying Pepsi has lost to coca cola because they aren't as popular. Both companies are still rolling in the dough. 

I don't understand this mentality that for one to win the other has to lose. That attitude almost destroyed Apple in the 90s.

Well Don Mattrick famously said the first to 10 million sales wins the generation. Personally I think we're in for another generation of close sales and no clear winner at all. The success is measured in far more ways than just the number of consoles sold these days.