What avatar  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which photo as an avatar

• Draconian Guppy Puppy
    • Maximum Carnage
    • Joker still 1
    • Joker still 2
    • Only God Forgives Dragon.

Apparently, someone complained to a mod, that it was "overly distracting" causing him to lose interest in neowins content :laugh: ... mind you, i'd had that same avatar for 6 years.

6 years? #### that guy/gal :angry:

If they had such a problem with it, why didn't they just block it, instead of crying to the mods like a little #####.

Pathetic.

Semi related: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1222921-ignore-doesnt-block-avatars/

Some members are against animated avatars. :o

whoa man... seriously some people have  a lot of time on their hands.

If they had such a problem with it, why didn't they just block it, instead of crying to the mods like a little #####.

Pathetic.

I thought so as well :(

• Like 1

Well I'm definitely in favour of the puppy. Although I don't like change so Joker #2 will suffice as an alternate.

Still though, I'm voting for the puppy.

• Like 1

Well I'm definitely in favour of the puppy. Although I don't like change so Joker #2 will suffice as an alternate.

Still though, I'm voting for the puppy.

You too, recognized my past avatar?

whoa man... seriously some people have  a lot of time on their hands.

Indeed they do! Not even sure why they would care. I mean it's just an avatar at the end of the day.

Indeed they do! Not even sure why they would care. I mean it's just an avatar at the end of the day.

Yeah and ignoring is so much easier than asking a mod... 

But alas... Keep on voting people.

Pathetic.

Before you start getting angry and swearing at people, I guess to know the fact would be good. I don't recall what avatar he had, but what I see that the avatar was removed due to its size 28.5KB and the guideline is 20KB.

• Like 1

Before you start getting angry and swearing at people, I guess to know the fact would be good. I don't recall what avatar he had, but what I see that the avatar was removed due to its size 28.5KB and the guideline is 20KB.

Guess I was 6 years lucky eh?

I guess to know the fact would be good. I don't recall what avatar he had, but what I see that the avatar was removed due to its size 28.5KB and the guideline is 20KB.

His avatar was an animated avatar of joker (as you see joker still #2 above)... It was not about the size or guidelines...  it was a compliant.  Guppy had it for 6 years..  no one complained about it until about a month ago. That does not make sense to me.  

It would be nice that Neowin add the gif option in the profile settings so the user can block animated gifs in the site wide. That means that option can block the images with gif extension. Or write up and tell the users on how to block the image with ad block or element helper... something like that. It's very simple.

His avatar was an animated avatar of joker (as you see joker still #2 above)... It was not about the size or guidelines...  it was a compliant.  Guppy had it for 6 years..  no one complained about it until about a month ago. That does not make sense to me.  

It would be nice that Neowin add the gif option in the profile settings so the user can block animated gifs in the site wide. That means that option can block the images with gif extension. Or write up and tell the users on how to block the image with ad block or element helper... something like that. It's very simple.

He's right, the size was maybe an issue, but I think it's to do with the size limitation over the years.  Like lime points.

Nah, I think the guidelines have probably changed slightly over the years. So it was acceptable at a point. 

Anyho, for whatever reason, lets vote people! :D

Out of curiosity, when do the votes close?

um friday ? Though teh puppeh is clearly winning, why? Have another suggestion like sLim ?

OK. No problem.

But I think it's mostly what lime points out, file size limitations changing over the years and well if someone actually complained, well :/

Are you the guy with the moving joker face? and that breaked the rules?

If so Neowin is pathetic, kinda the reason I don't come here often anymore, too much penis size comparing.

The rules clearly state overly-distracting, so prehapds they have ADHD? your old avater wasn't distracting in the slightest..

Are you the guy with the moving joker face? and that breaked the rules?

If so Neowin is pathetic, kinda the reason I don't come here often anymore, too much penis size comparing.

The rules clearly state overly-distracting, so prehapds they have ADHD? your old avater wasn't distracting in the slightest..

Yup. Apparently someone complained about it being very distractive :laugh:   I guess it's a matter of opinion in the end, if someone complain, then it means someone did complain, that and it was bigger than the allowed limit (though I don't recall it being when I uploaded it).

So many people knew me by my old avatar :(

How odd of someone to complain, clearly needs to get out more.

"omg, that gif is moving, must report to mods as I'm a brown licker, fap fap fap" oh deary me

Yeah, like I said, in the end it boils down to personal preference I guess, your avatar bothers me because I dislike animals j/k.  Much how limemaster, shozilla, phouchg, boo berry, meph, arach, don't like me not having an avatar :P