Sheffield To Stay a Brave?

Braves Duped By Yanks

Interesting. Those dirty little ******s up in New York are at it again. I hate George Steinbrenner with a passion. He has no loyalty and no backbone.

In one of his quotes, he says he wants Sheff to "make Jeter and Giambi better." Jesus, who would want to play for this guy? I really am kind of disappointed in Gary's situation. He believed all the crap ol' Georgy Porgy told him and got himself into a bad situation. And even if the contract is legal, Sheff is not going to be happy there.

But, I find it interesting that the reason the Braves didn't try re-sign Sheffield was because of the crap last year with Maddux. And rightfully so. That $4 million they lost last year in payroll could have done some good this year. So, I really can't blame them for being cautious. And if New York gets ansy and turns towards Vladamir Guerrero, we could see Sheff's Chefs once again.

whether sheffield signs with the yanks or not, the braves didnt offer him salary arbitration, so i dont think theres any way he can resign with atlanta until may 1

whether sheffield signs with the yanks or not, the braves didnt offer him salary arbitration, so i dont think theres any way he can resign with atlanta until may 1

Hmmm, guess I missed that, hahaha. But why May 1st? Isn't the season already started by then?

Alot of people believe the whole press with Sheffield isn't legit. The Braves planned to file for grievances against the Yankees when they did not offer him arbitration - now Sheff says the deal wasn't event complete therefore 'proving' there was nothing final between the Yanks and Shef. No final deal, no case for the Braves against the Yankees.

Braves declined to offer arbitration to outfielder Gary Sheffield.

The Braves apparently plan to file a grievance against the Yankees, believing that they've already in fact agreed to terms with Sheffield. The Braves might have a case, but the fact that they weren't certain enough that a deal was done to actually offer arbitration to Sheffield could work against them.

Quote above was taken from rotoworld.com, which i found from the following thread on netsports http://forums.netsports.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30060

Um, The Yankees/Braves one :huh:

I didnt know there was one.

there is on our side.. the yankees probably dont think much of us, but we are out to get them every year, just like boston, every braves fan i know hates the yankees with a passion