Helpdesk software

Question

I'm looking for some new helpdesk software for a 3rd party IT support company. Currently we use Spiceworks but it's not really doing what we would like it to do.I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with any alternatives?

A couple of features that are critical to us are:

Time tracker

CRM integration

Customer lists

Automatic tasks (we need closed tickets to generate an e-mail)

Some other things that would be desirable but not a deal breaker:

VOIP integration

Live chat

Billable and non billable time.

I've got Zendesk and Freshdesk on my trial list but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other helpdesk solutions I could check out. :)  

9 answers to this question

We used a few different ones at the few consulting companies I worked for.  the best was an all in one solution called connectwise.  While not cheap it does offer everything you are looking for.  Another solution was tigerpaw, also not cheap, but you would have to have it customized for your business.  You can try other support softwares like kayako or trackit or heat.  Trackit seems to be pretty versatile as well as heat, but kayako seems a bit standalone.  The cheapest was trackit.

Edit: forgot, you can also use Act! to be able to do what you want/need with helpdesk and crm.

IMO, You are best off with a helpdesk that is part of a crm package.  This way you are going to one vendor for support/issues.

Whatever you settle on DO NOT use HPSM (HP Service Manager) I work at a rather large company with all the needed resources and servers to run it and it still the crashiest laggiest POS I've ever used, they want to replace it but finding something that will work in our environment is a lot harder than for most other businesses

Whatever you settle on DO NOT use HPSM (HP Service Manager) I work at a rather large company with all the needed resources and servers to run it and it still the crashiest laggiest POS I've ever used, they want to replace it but finding something that will work in our environment is a lot harder than for most other businesses

Service Manager Blows.

Track-IT is pretty good

Also, Spiceworks is really good and.. FREE! Also comes with a desktop tool for pushing apps and remote support. 

I like to add another one in your list: http://www.reamaze.com/

I actually found it once and bookmarked it, never thought it would be of any use to someone else as well.