Comedian Joan Rivers dies at 81

NEW YORK ?  Joan Rivers was admitted to Mount Sinai hospital in New York Thursday morning, a rep for the hospital said in a statement.

A report on E! News, where Rivers works, stated that the comedian was in the Intensive Care Unit.

A source with knowledge of the situation told FOX411 that Rivers was in critical condition when she was taken to the hospital.

Police would not confirm Rivers' identity, but told FOX411: "An 81-year-old female was transported Mount Sinai in critical condition... at 9:39 a.m." Law enforcement said the woman was "unconscious and unresponsive."

The New York Fire Department added the person transported was in cardiac arrest.

more

She was having endoscopic throat surgery in a private clinic, not a hospital. This is a bit risky in an elderly person because the area is prone to spasm and the vagus nerve goes from that area straight to the heart.

A very funny lady with a honed edge sense of humor. Hope she recovers.

How are her comments on that any different to the opinions of rather a lot of other people?  How do they invalidate all the good things she's done in her life?

silence=broken

hmm..   i don't care about one opinion.   it is the rest of them, that just does not sit well with me at all.

/broken_silence

Yeah,

She is a lot like Benny Hill was, weird sense of humor and you either liked her or didn't. I could tolerate her and do wish her all the best.

Even if I couldn't stand her or anyone else, I would never say good riddance, or anything like that, if I heard of them not doing well. That's just sad on that person's part.

Yeah,

She is a lot like Benny Hill was, weird sense of humor and you either liked her or didn't. I could tolerate her and do wish her all the best.

Even if I couldn't stand her or anyone else, I would never say good riddance, or anything like that, if I heard of them not doing well. That's just sad on that person's part.

actually.  i thought, with my english, i knew what everything means.   but just googled "good riddance" and it did not mean what i thought it did.

i really did not like her at all, but "good riddance" is a bad way to send someone off to the neitherland....

How are her comments on that any different to the opinions of rather a lot of other people?  How do they invalidate all the good things she's done in her life?

are you seriously trying to argue with what i said when you pretty much said the same thing about that guy who killed himself playing rusian roulette?

One less dipstick in the world! (Y)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1227569-friend-dies-during-russian-roulette-game/

are you seriously trying to argue with what i said when you pretty much said the same thing about that guy who killed himself playing rusian roulette?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1227569-friend-dies-during-russian-roulette-game/

Joan Rivers being ill has nothing at all to do with an idiot killing himself in a stupid game.

We should learn more in a few days:

"Joan Rivers is on life support ... and sources close to the legendary comedian tell TMZ she is completely reliant on machines to stay alive.

According to our sources, the family will have to decide in the next couple of days whether to keep the 81-year-old on life support. We're told the family remains hopeful that if they do decide to turn off the machines, she will make a turn for the better and fight through it.

As TMZ first reported, Rivers was rushed to the hospital after she stopped breathing during throat surgery on Thursday."

Source: TMZ

I went through the 'pulling the plug' issue with my mom back in '06. It's sure a gut-wrenching decision. Fortunately, she did survive off the machines and lived another 4 months until the cancer took her.

I hope it all works out for Ms. Rivers, even though I am not a fan. I won't be surprised if the surgeon is sued by the family either way.