Do you say hello to all your neighbors even though some may not say hello back?

i always do, even to the ones that don't respond back; after some time they start complimenting me back. Many times people are:

a) distracted.

b) suspicious.

c) don't respond to someone they don't know.

Courtesy is basic stuff for a civilized man as i am.  :)

Yeah, of course i do. If they don;t answer back it's not my problem and i'll continue to acknowledge them when i see them.

Not every one is good with other people, some people are rude, some people are shy, some people are nervous, either way, say hello, it might be brightening someones day.

happy b-day!

• Like 1

very rarely these days.... most people don't greet me, avoiding eye contact, so why should i greet them then?

Neighbour to one side I have talked to since day one of moving in.  The other side, we started talking a few weeks ago when a rat was seen in our houses.  Before that, the only real contact was asking them to turn their music down (1.00 in morning with a sick child in the house).  They didn't, and someone else in the street called the police.  I always thought they blamed us, but don't know if they actually did.

If I see LimeMaster pass by, I'd tell him F off...   :p

Joking aside..

Of course I say hi or wave to them even they do the same to me.  

Next door, there are college girls living there...   what a lucky guy I am..  pQaAbTK.gif:p

• Like 1

very rarely these days.... most people don't greet me, avoiding eye contact, so why should i greet them then?

if you don't wear sunglasses it helps :)

Yes, is the nice and polite thing to do

Even on main street we say hi to each other when we drive by on our golfcarts or 4 wheelers.

:laugh:

Yes. And we have gotten to know our neighbors by the fact we have said hello and that has led to having a conversation and knowing each other by name.

I'll at least wave, but about the only time I see my neighbors (and they see me) is if we both happen to be doing yard work at the same time. If they wave back/speak it's fine, if they don't it's still fine and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

• 5 years later...

Yep, I know how it feels mate. I've got a c*** of a neighbour who lives directly across from my husband and I, and never cares to say hello, wave or even smile with us. Even said hello to the ###### today when he made eye contact, and he failed to respond in any kind. Believe it or not, he was with one of his kids, great example to set for your child, or so you'd think hey. For what it's worth though, you do get some ###### out there, perhaps a cat has bitten their tongue off? Who knows! I honestly felt like asking the c***, do you not know how to respond when someone greets you? But for the sake of keeping the peace in the community, I'm glad that I did hold back on that one. I feel that it could most likely come down to jealousy too, because my husband and I, we have several cars parked up our driveway plus another in our garage, we own a beautiful house, and have good jobs. I haven't seen these peeps go to work, or do anything useful with their lives to be honest, although they look to be in their mid-thirties to forties.  I guess some people find it difficult to hide their envy towards others. Anyway, I don't give a rat's arse what other people think of me, however it's good to have someone to vent to about things like these, feels nice to get it off your chest and out in the open. Remember, not everyone's the same, some people choose to be rude, impolite and jealous. Those who are mature and wise usually act politely and intelligently, knowing that being friendly can go a long way. Also, I don't think that it comes down to shyness, because those who are shy usually come out of their comfort zones when they're spoken to. Just plain jerky behaviour is what it is! 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear... Last post freaks me out.

Why even give a fung if you're so wonderful?

For me, silent "hello" is the best (like a wordless nod). But if not... well, ok. It won't make a big difference, untill I REAAALLY NEED their approvel, atention or admiring. Not being friendly or comunicative is a part of statemant about being different and it's ok. But I can't be sure that it's ok to be so anxious because your neibor didn't responded for "hello". 😬

I have never seen my neighbors... I assume they're all retired and spend their days inside rather than going for walks or even driving to the store... (maybe they leave home early and come in late). I know I have neighbors because the trash cans are magically put out every Sunday morning. How they get put out and back in is a mystery to me xD 

• 1 year later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.