hi!

i'm new .. and I just signed up today! i hope to learn a lot .. :)

i'm planning of studying graphic design and I'm already eyeing to buy a new laptop and a wavom board that is suitable for graphic design..

I'm sure I will learn a lot of stuff from you guys! :)

Welcome! You came at a great time, since Microsoft is about to launch Windows 9, there will be a lot of posting around here.

• Like 2

thank you :). !

is it wise if I waited til they release windows 9 before I buy a new laptop?

No, seeing how a) Windows 9 won't be final before next year and b) it'll be easy - and likely free - to upgrade from 8.1 to 9 or whatever MS decide to name the next version of Windows.

Hello Chabeetine!

If your going to buy any tables i suggest HIGHLY that you buy a BAMBOO tablet, they are inexpensive and VERY effective! i use mine everyday!

Glad to have you here in our community :)

*one of us*

*one of us*

*one of us*

• 4 weeks later...

^ lol

Welcome OP

Bamboo and Intuos are both very good design tablets, and any of the modern operating systems can handle graphic design happily, so long as your hardware isn't very old (my old pc was pushing 8 and it did struggle with CS6)

If you want to buy laptops, you can consider anything from an inexpensive 15-incher that mostly stays in your living room to a lightweight 11- or 13-inch system you carry around the house. Depending on how much gaming and graphics work you want to do