FB messenger and WP8.1 notification center issue.

So, on my 8X I seem to have this weird issue where notifications from FB Messenger show up twice in the WP notification center.   Anyone using FB messenger on WP 8.1 or 8.1.1 have this issue?   Everything is twice in there and I don't know what is causing it.  I guess I could try to uninstall and reinstall the app but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue as well?

I think the notification shows up from the actual Facebook app, which is highly annoying.

I dunno, if I look into the FB app itself for it's notification options, there's no message options, looks like those were taken out of the default FB app and only way you'll get them is if you install the messenger app itself.    Does this also happen to you then?

I dunno, if I look into the FB app itself for it's notification options, there's no message options, looks like those were taken out of the default FB app and only way you'll get them is if you install the messenger app itself.    Does this also happen to you then?

It's been a while since I've used Messenger, but I believe I received a notification for both Facebook and Messenger stating I had a new message.

Is the FB app up to date? They've removed messaging from the latest version.

Yeah, try reinstalling them maybe.

Yeah, both up to date, I'm going to reinstall and see if that stops it, so weird.

Just a heads up, I uninstalled FB messenger and re-installed it, so far that seems to have fixed the issue.  Now the other issue I see is that FB birthdays show up twice, and even three times, in the Calendar app.   Anyone have this issue as well?

It's been a while since I've used Messenger, but I believe I received a notification for both Facebook and Messenger stating I had a new message.

For me the FB app increases the live tile counter as if I've got notifications when I get FB messages. But it doesn't list anything in the notification center.

For me the FB app increases the live tile counter as if I've got notifications when I get FB messages. But it doesn't list anything in the notification center.

Yeah, it does that, the thing is the FB app will show you a tile count because it still registers that you got a message inside the app even though you can't reply or see it in the app.  There's the little messenger icon in the top right corner of the app window.   So when you click on that from within the FB app it'll open up and take you to the messenger app etc, and for those who don't have it install it should take them to the store so they can install it.    I wish it didn't do that, and that the tile count wouldn't go up if you have the messenger app installed already, but it does.    One more thing for the FB app team to change/fix or just tweak.

Now if I could figure out this double FB birthday calendar issue that'd be great.  

Just a heads up, I uninstalled FB messenger and re-installed it, so far that seems to have fixed the issue.  Now the other issue I see is that FB birthdays show up twice, and even three times, in the Calendar app.   Anyone have this issue as well?

I have the issue that some events show up twice. This happens both for birthdays and other events. And from what I can gather, one of them is no longer updated by the FB app once this happens; last week I had an event which got doubled, then the time of the event changed, and only one of the entries in my calendar updated with the new time.

I have the issue that some events show up twice. This happens both for birthdays and other events. And from what I can gather, one of them is no longer updated by the FB app once this happens; last week I had an event which got doubled, then the time of the event changed, and only one of the entries in my calendar updated with the new time.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's the way the new FB app for 8.1 syncs things is not working right or something?   I can't understand what's going on.  I don't have birthdays showing up through my MS account so it's not that they're showing up twice that way.   They're only on through the FB Beta app, I'm thinking it's a bug or some weird sync issue.