Final Fantasy VII Remake For PS4 Confirmed At TGS 2014!

The Video Gamer Headlines has reported that Square Enix is working on a PS3 version of the Final Fantasy VII remake but the main focus is the PS4 version.

In a report by Cyberland, industry insider Verendus who is known for having very strong connections within the Japanese gaming industry, posted on NeoGAF mentioning that the project is happening:

"It's happening. He's obviously not going to give any indication as such though so it hardly matters until they're ready to announce something. His comments make sense. It's a huge project that will take a lot of effort, and demand a lot from him personally, in order to ensure the end result is something satisfactory."

And in a different report by Cyberland it seems that the Final Fantasy VII remake is going to be in full production once Square Enix is done with Final Fantasy XV and that The Final Fantasy VII remake is going to be for the PS3 and PS4.

Read more: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/42183/20141004/final-fantasy-vii-remake.htm#ixzz3GEZQpE00

Seeing as how nobody else is reporting this new, I'm gonna say "clickbait" :p

Especially considering it comes from an unknown site. A Gaf post is a bit of a stretch to make a story out of.

Titled fixed

Tagged as "rumour", title contains the word "confirmed".  :/

Tis the rules to use original titles when posting news, so best we can do is tag it otherwise.

Plus I think most realise it's a nonsense article from a nobody website.

Tis the rules to use original titles when posting news, so best we can do is tag it otherwise.

lol. I know, it just reads weird.

It's like: let me tell you a true story, that never happened!

• Like 1

Well if this ever did happen, I would be shocked.  Honestly, I have little faith in SE today.  Yes, I'm looking forward to FF15, but that is despite SE's best efforts to run a fan like myself away from the franchise.

An FFVII remake would be cool, but SE has said over an over it would be too costly and considering their moves lately in regards to money (shopping the new TR around becuase they felt it was not worth the cost on their own),  I have a hard time thinking they would do this on their own.  Now maybe Sony would come in and help with costs in exchange for exclusivitiy, which wouldn't be too crazy. 

FFVII remake will never happen. Besides being a considerable undertaking I don't think they enjoy much financial reward. People always want games they played as a kid remade because in their mind it was the most awesome thing ever. When you were a kid, that was probably true. If it was released tomorrow, however, you'd probably be disappointed with it.

FFVII remake will never happen. Besides being a considerable undertaking I don't think they enjoy much financial reward. People always want games they played as a kid remade because in their mind it was the most awesome thing ever. When you were a kid, that was probably true. If it was released tomorrow, however, you'd probably be disappointed with it.

I still replay this game, and would have pre-purchased the remake, a first for me. I'm sure others agree.