Starting to Struggle with Windows Phone, but it Always Drags Me Back

I've been really struggling with Windows Phone recently.

I cam from Android over two years ago and WP has been a pleasant experience of a phone.  A lovely UI, all the rest of it.  But the lack of apps is starting to annoy me.  While people say there is no longer an app-gap, there clearly is...

My banking app doesn't do Windows Phone.  My other bank's app is just a wrapper for the mobile website.  I used to have MyShiftWork, which was great but no alternative is available for Windows Phone.

But I find Android so clunky as an operating system.  Windows Phone has it's niggles but there are more pro's that outweigh it.

I loathe buying apps because for the money, I would want it to work exactly how I want.  On Android, I never paid for apps as there were a lot of free alternatives available.

But all of a sudden, I've been thinking of the iPhone.

The fluid OS, together with a wealth of apps might be the answer.  The problem there is the cost of the handset.  Plus, it won't fit into anything else I have, where Windows Phone just works.

The Here maps, offline apps is a dream.

What-a-to-do about nothing I suppose.

Any advice for people who are thinking of switching?

There is no need to have loyalty to any company or brand as they don't have loyalty to you. Give the iPhone a try and if it fits your needs then you should jump ship to it. It is your money and time... Make sure you're getting the best value out of it.

There is no need to have loyalty to any company or brand as they don't have loyalty to you. Give the iPhone a try and if it fits your needs then you should jump ship to it. It is your money and time... Make sure you're getting the best value out of it.

Exactly, I personally hate apple.... but device wise, I am using iOS

Im in the same boat... i thinking of moving to Android.. its such a shame cause WP is so nice, love email (outlook) office, maps onedrive integration, but the lack of local apps such as transperth, centerlink, swan taxi doesnt make for a  good experience.

i wish MS implemented AOSP runtimes into WP so atleast if there wasnt a native app, we could use the android version. There was some talk of few months back but Nadella may have killed that :/

Tiles on WP, I can deal with and work fine.  Its the settings menu that is a cluttered mess and yes, still lack of apps.

And what do you mean android is clunky?  What device were you use and what OS was installed?

I have a Nexus 5 for personal use and an HTC 8X for business and i absolutely love both phones to bits, however it is clear there's still an app gap, it is closing but it's still an issue currently.

There are lots of ways to skin local banking and calendaring needs besides resorting to an 'app'.  In fact, if you think you need an app then sure, go iOS over its bastard.

Like others have said try iOS. Not a huge Apple fan either but I use an iPhone (Lumia 800 before that) and have a Mac sitting next to my Windows 8 workstation (for mobile app development mostly). I don't care much for OS X and iOS I can live with even though as an OS I like WP much better. And even though I don't use a million and one apps, I do use a few quite frequently and the problem with WP is that the ones that are available are generally not as polished or lack features, others are simply web app wrappers (my bank's app) and finally there are the ones that are simply not available on WP. Yes, fewer and fewer these days but still many apps lacking at the end of the day. More for some people, fewer for others but if you find yourself struggling with app availability, try the iPhone. I keep looking at the new Lumias and stuff but next phone will probably be iPhone 6 in a month or so...

With all the money they have and all the mobile first, cloud first deal they keep saying, they really need to invest a lot more effort and money than they are or forget about it. They're losing momentum and obviously even their loyal fans are getting fed up with their crap...