PS4 Firmware 2.03

installed it this morning and the Destiny servers were down so i couldn't play before i went to work :(

I only had a few minutes before I left for work to do the install and such and everything went fine.

I did notice the suspend mode message has changed.

Also I looked for an actual YouTube app and didn't see it.  I didn't try but I suspect the share button YouTube capability works but I was expecting an actual YouTube app as well either already installed as part of the update or available in the store.  I did a quick look through the menus and hopped onto the store and found nothing... maybe I just missed it in my haste?  Is there an actual YouTube app or not?

I only had a few minutes before I left for work to do the install and such and everything went fine.

I did notice the suspend mode message has changed.

Also I looked for an actual YouTube app and didn't see it.  I didn't try but I suspect the share button YouTube capability works but I was expecting an actual YouTube app as well either already installed as part of the update or available in the store.  I did a quick look through the menus and hopped onto the store and found nothing... maybe I just missed it in my haste?  Is there an actual YouTube app or not?

Yeah there is, in the store and on the XMB under video.

About time. Can't tell you how engrained it is to press the button coming from a mostly 360 background and it do nothing.

Annoys me that they changed the X1 from press to holding the Guide button also.

Well I was able to jump on today and get the update. It went smoothly.

All I have to say so far is thank you Sony! I'm excited to see the changes they have made. So far, it all seems good and I haven't run into any new issues as a result of the update.

I like some of the new streaming options such as being able to have everyone in my party that is using voice broadcast along with me. Of course uploading straight to YouTube at 1080p is very nice too.

Its just an overall nice update with lots of little improvements to the UI (simply cutting down on how much content is shown in the feed on the home page is welcome). I want to check out app reliability to see if that has improved and there are other changes/fixes I would like to see, but I like what I see so far.

I have to say I'm not happy with "Rest Mode". Standby was true standby. It still charged my controllers and the console was off.

Now there's a blinking Orange light instead of a solid light and the ps4 is in. I heard it when I was grabbing my controller and I felt the heat.

Why did they decide to make this change...

After rebuilding my database I was stupid enough to think that fixed the problem and PS4 was not leaving rest mode again. Ive been told to reinstall the software using option 3 on the safe mode menu. If that doesnt fix it then I'm glad I'm not using my PS4 for the next couple of months because this is ######ing redic. It wasn't broken before the update, what the hell did they do to break it

Just installed the 2.01 update this morning. Thankfully I never experienced the Rest Mode bug... Kinda hoped the patch would change it back to standby but meh.

Just installed the 2.01 update this morning. Thankfully I never experienced the Rest Mode bug... Kinda hoped the patch would change it back to standby but meh.

Rest mode is Standby+Suspend - or, at least, that's the plan... lol

But it seems to be working great for downloading all the PS+ games, updates and DLC that is out today... :)

Well thank goodness they were able to quickly fix the update. It worked out perfectly for me. I got back into town just in time for the fix, got it installed and am happily enjoying the changes and new features.

Feels really good so far.

I've read reports that 2.01 didn't fix issues for everyone so I'm still weary about updating.

Anyone who ran into issues with 2.0 in the all clear now?

I can't speak for everyone but I had to unplug my PS4 twice after putting it in rest mode after the 2.0 update due to the flashing yellow and won't wake up issue.  After that I just avoided rest mode completely so I grabbed 2.01 as soon as I could and I've been using Rest mode again since with no issues.

I've read reports that 2.01 didn't fix issues for everyone so I'm still weary about updating.

well just reinstalling the 2.0 update via safe mode (this was before 2.01 was released) fixed the rest mode issues for me so I can't really say one way or the other

Speaking for myself...

When I got the 2.00 update, my apps went nuts (netflix, amazon, ets) would be working fine and then just randomly crash, sometimes the apps would let me back in or it wouldn't

Rest mode didn't give me that much of a headache, due to the fact I was simply doing a full shutdown of my PS4.

2.01 has let me rest a bit easier, as I've yet to run into issues... And I'm even using rest mode again.

And here is a completely off topic bonus for ya:  Child of Light is an awesome game.  I've just made it to Act 9 (right when Aurora turns big after retrieving the Moon from defeating Screpulum

I've owned this game forever and just now giving it a TLC play through.

Came here because I heard someone talking abou PS4's 2.0 being a failure, but this thread seems to be the complete opposite.

Good to see quick fixes going in for any bugs that were in existence though. Good job. (Y)

Well I haven't run into any of the serious issues, so I think I'm in the clear with this latest update. I would definitely say its time to update at this point.

Came here because I heard someone talking abou PS4's 2.0 being a failure, but this thread seems to be the complete opposite.

Good to see quick fixes going in for any bugs that were in existence though. Good job. (Y)

Unfortunately 2.0 was kind of a failure due to the bugs introduced. However, the two small updates since have corrected most of the serious stuff. Sony was working hard to get these fixes out quick.

Well I haven't run into any of the serious issues, so I think I'm in the clear with this latest update. I would definitely say its time to update at this point.

Unfortunately 2.0 was kind of a failure due to the bugs introduced. However, the two small updates since have corrected most of the serious stuff. Sony was working hard to get these fixes out quick.

Well, that's completely stupid reasoning. Windows and every last bit of software ever must be a failure then... 

Failure would be you posting about how the update didn't go smoothly, and everyone being up in arms which isn't what I've seen here or in the other communities I frequent...

Ugh, I regret even posting now. :sleep2:

Well, that's completely stupid reasoning. Windows and every last bit of software ever must be a failure then... 

Failure would be you posting about how the update didn't go smoothly, and everyone being up in arms which isn't what I've seen here or in the other communities I frequent...

Ugh, I regret even posting now. :sleep2:

Sorry if I offended you....... Calling me stupid though... beneath you.

I was just saying that the 2.0 update caused problems. Maybe failure is too strong. When a windows updates comes out and results in bluescreen crashes, its a problem and people do get up in arms about it.

For some reason you took my reply to be some attack, which it wasn't. I never even had the issues others did and I was glad to see Sony quickly send out updates to fix the problem for those that did.