2 Years of Moderating

I missed my milestone of joining Neowin 10 years ago. However 2 years ago today, Marshall and I were invited to become moderators for Neowin.

It's been one heck of an experience. Being a moderator has its highs and lows, it's quiet times and times where mayhem seems to break loose and all you want to do is close the computer down and pretend that you're busy elsewhere. :p

All in all though, I have been privileged to receive such a responsibility, joyed to be able to give back to the community, and while I may have rubbed some people the wrong way with some decisions I have made, I take it for what it is and continue to try and keep the community happy.

You can't do this job forever (no really, it does take its toll on you,) but I have no intention of moving away any time soon. Like it or lump it. ;)

As always, I'm available for anything whether it be an issue that you have, a user's/moderator's actions that you think were unfair, or maybe you just want to chat with someone. (Y)

Thanks, Nick! You and Marshall do a wonderful job here and we really appreciate it. Neowin is a better place because of you guys!

• Like 3

Congrats Nick! One of the few Mods I've seen that is fair and does not take the job to the extreme. I've asked Nick questions from time to time and he's responded cordially every single time. Can't say the same for some other mods around here. What is the difference between a Mod and a Supervisor?

What is the difference between a Mod and a Supervisor?

Our Moderators moderate forums while Supervisors and Administrators help solve issues as well as advise Moderators.

• Like 2

Congrats Nick! One of the few Mods I've seen that is fair and does not take the job to the extreme. I've asked Nick questions from time to time and he's responded cordially every single time. Can't say the same for some other mods around here. What is the difference between a Mod and a Supervisor?

Supervisor

The Supervisor group was created to take the load off the admins, the staff selected (usually a group of no more than 6) are long term trusted staff. They are given administrator permissions and can make operational decisions without fear of being over ruled by the admin group. This group also has an ops forum and many decisions are talked about and decided between admins and supervisors with the help of developers.

Hope this helps. :)

What is the difference between a Mod and a Supervisor?

Between global mod, mod, and supervisor?

also sponsor, m.v.p. etc....  is there a list of member labels?   i am kinda curious.

congrats to both of you!

Between global mod, mod, and supervisor?

also sponsor, m.v.p. etc....  is there a list of member labels?   i am kinda curious.

See here.

Our Moderators moderate forums while Supervisors and Administrators help solve issues as well as advise Moderators.

Ha, after the beginning of that post I thought you were going to say, "moderators moderate, supervisors supervise, and administrators administrate." :p
  • Like 2

See here.

Ha, after the beginning of that post I thought you were going to say, "moderators moderate, supervisors supervise, and administrators administrate." :p

and News Reporters report. :)

• 11 months later...

I envy your privilege, I would feel wonderful for the opportunity you currently have to be a Mod to the OP. As someone who has been here since they were 13 and now is 27 I am jelly but I still congrats you as I know you bring value to this forum as you were not chosen for no reason to be a mod!

Thank you for all your contribution to this forum as a mod. 

Thanks, Nick! You and Marshall do a wonderful job here and we really appreciate it. Neowin is a better place because of you guys!

Well, Nick does, and is very diplomatic, Marshall on the other hand....
Please don't ban me again Marshall

;)

• 3 months later...

Congratulations Nick!!

Once you become a moderator you realize just how thinned skinned a lot of people are. I swear some members would hit the "Report" button if someone called them a poo poo head. :laugh:

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Congratulations Nick!!

i think you are a wee bit late. this thread is from well over a year ago :p