#MoreLumia Event 11.11.14

WANT TO SEE #MORELUMIA?

Teaser_632x432.jpg

Microsoft is delivering the power of everyday mobile technology to everyone.

Come back on November 11, to find out more!

#MoreLumia

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/11/07/want-to-see-morelumia/

Rumored:

• 5 inch HD Screen - 720P, TFT
  • 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 chip
  • Dual-SIM
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB ROM
  • 5 mega pixels primary camera and VGA front camera
  • 1900mAh battery
  • Dimensions: 140.2?72.45?9.32(mm)
  • Weight: 145.7 gms
  • Frequency support: 900MHz,1800MHz,850MHz,1900MHz
  • Colors: black, white, gray, blue, orange, blue, green
  • MicroSD support up to 64 GB

I'm hoping for a 1020 replacement. Honestly Microsoft either needs to come out and say they are going low end only now or come out with a premium flagship thats not exclusive to a certain carrier. 

Nothing exciting on the market to get me to switch from my 810 

I'm hoping for a 1020 replacement. Honestly Microsoft either needs to come out and say they are going low end only now or come out with a premium flagship thats not exclusive to a certain carrier. 

Nothing exciting on the market to get me to switch from my 810 

In looking for my new phone I was talking to a Microsoft Store employee that said they had been shown renders of a "1030" device that showed it lost its camera hump.  Other than that it looked very Lumia-y.  He said he had no idea when it might be coming out.

If they don't get a new 1020 replacement out soon I'm going to have to look for something else.

Exactly 

They have enough low end phones for that market. If they really want to capture consumers that are going for the iphone or gs5 they need a 1030 that is affordable and premium. The 930/Icon is good, obviously only having it at Verizon is not helping, but even now the specs on that don't seem as appealing.

I want to see #MoreHighEnd or there will be #MoreConsideringSwitchingToAndroid...

I was discussing with mobile phones at work yesterday. You are honestly better off buying an iPhone if you have to let go Windows Phone.

In looking for my new phone I was talking to a Microsoft Store employee that said they had been shown renders of a "1030" device that showed it lost its camera hump.  Other than that it looked very Lumia-y.  He said he had no idea when it might be coming out.

That's not good.

I was discussing with mobile phones at work yesterday. You are honestly better off buying an iPhone if you have to let go Windows Phone.

I don't really consider the iPhone to offer more than something like the S5 and the latter is far cheaper.

Lumia 535 announced:

http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-535-announced

5MP Front and Rear cameras, has an LED flash!

Not too bad. This is what the 530/630s should have been with ambient sensors and both cameras. This might be my stop-gap if my 920 suddenly dies (have had weird experiences with rear camera in past month).

My '920 suits me quite well. If it takes going after the low-hanging fruit to up WP's market share in the near term, so be it. I'd use a '535 over an Android any day of the week, <snipped>. I doubt very seriously that MS will let gadget enthusiasts go wanting for too long.

Looks like it was only the 535 and I guess the 1390. Come on Microsoft thats pretty pathetic, A lot of us either want the 930/Icon for other carriers or a 1030 replacement. They have the low end down and honestly maybe too many, but now really need to do something with the high end.