Any "Real" Boxing Fans Here?

Just wondering if there any boxing fans up in the sporting section. I mean ones who really watch the sport and not occasionally watch a De La Hoya or a Tyson fight. You know, the big media attention getting names. Anyone follow the sport closely?

Actually Don King right now is going on a losing streak of lawsuits. Its not to say that he hasnt made some killer match-ups. He is getting old and its all coming to an end soon.

Boxing does need a little house cleaning and infortunately dont think it will happen until its too late. There is still some honesty out there, and being a true fan, Ill remain supportive.

Hey digipoi, how is Brian Viloria doing and what is his next matchup? I haven't heard much about him since I left Waipahu, although I did see his fight on ESPN months ago.

I love boxing, but to be honest there is only a handful of guys I really care to follow now. Those being Shane Moseley, Jermain Taylor, Ricardo Williams, Hector Camacho, Jr., Floyd Mayweather, Jr., and after last Saturday, Cory Spinks (what an intelligent fighter - rarity now days).

Hey digipoi, how is Brian Viloria doing and what is his next matchup? I haven't heard much about him since I left Waipahu, although I did see his fight on ESPN months ago.

I love boxing, but to be honest there is only a handful of guys I really care to follow now. Those being Shane Moseley, Jermain Taylor, Ricardo Williams, Hector Camacho, Jr., Floyd Mayweather, Jr., and after last Saturday, Cory Spinks (what an intelligent fighter - rarity now days).

Im not sure when Vilorias next fight is but Ive kinda lost interest in the guy. His last couple of fights have been rather disappointing for me. Seems to be going for the one punch knock outs, needs to get back to the basics. And actually, I think he might have broken his hand in his last fight. I dont remember, so dont quote me.

How bout that Corey Spinks. Me and my cousin picked him to win and no one gave him a chance. Right now hes in talks with Mayweather for a matchup at 147. I think it will be a good fight if it goes through which is 50-50 in boxing.

My wish would be to see Hopkins fight more often. Been watching him for years now. Think hes got a another three in him. If he and DLH got it on, DLH will probably get knocked out. And trust me, Im a DLH fan so thats saying alot.

Another wish of mine would be that Ruiz retire or just fall off the face of the earth, lol.

Hahaha, yeah I cannot stand Ruiz. It's like watching grass grow or paint dry with him. Shame to hear about Brian Viloria, though I kind of got the feeling that he is one of those boxers that lets all of the hype, headlines, and everything else get to his head.

If Mayweather-Spinks materializes, oh man, that would have to be a top candidate for Fight of 2004. Two great boxing families going head to head. I got to see Pretty Boy Floyd in California some months back and he looked awesome. I can't believe how quick he is and still has tremendous power.

There's some interesting bouts coming up. Taylor will be on Friday Night Fights in Jan., Kostya Tzyu takes on Sharmba Mitchell, and the fight I'm anticipating big time is Joel Casamayor-Diego Corrales.

By the way, do you know if Derrick Harmon won tonight?

Hahaha, yeah I cannot stand Ruiz. It's like watching grass grow or paint dry with him. Shame to hear about Brian Viloria, though I kind of got the feeling that he is one of those boxers that lets all of the hype, headlines, and everything else get to his head.

If Mayweather-Spinks materializes, oh man, that would have to be a top candidate for Fight of 2004. Two great boxing families going head to head. I got to see Pretty Boy Floyd in California some months back and he looked awesome. I can't believe how quick he is and still has tremendous power.

There's some interesting bouts coming up. Taylor will be on Friday Night Fights in Jan., Kostya Tzyu takes on Sharmba Mitchell, and the fight I'm anticipating big time is Joel Casamayor-Diego Corrales.

By the way, do you know if Derrick Harmon won tonight?

Nice description of Ruiz :laugh:

I would very much like to see Mayweather lose. Something about him, just like Judah, I cannot stand. They are talented for sure, I just think they are punks.

I think Kostya may be in some trouble this upcoming fight. Sharmba looks on! right now. Still going for Kostya though.

Cassamayor was tagging Corrales in the first fight, although I believe Corrales would have got him in the next round or two before the mouthpiece incident happened. What a bummer. Corrales will get him this time!

Derrick fights on ESPN2, you can probably catch it on tv tonight. I got a christmas party, Im going to have to tape it.

define "real"

The types that watch and follow all the time. Not the types that will occasionally watch a PPV event cause it has some "popular" heavyweight in the mix. Or the type that will watch a single DLH fight the whole year. Or the type that will watch Chavez fight at an old age because he was good 100 years ago.

The type that will watch even the most boring fights just to get a weekly fix of the sport. Is that good enough for you. Is there something wrong with my original post? Thought it was clear enough.