ati radeon 9600 just killed my joy

i just bought me a info-tek gecube radeon 9600 and it came DOA. i was so excited about ati, but this really dissapointed me. i need to RMA it back to newegg.com which is going to cost me time and money, what a hassle. i think i should go back with nvidia, i am not sure what to do now. do you guys know any other 3rd party ati vendor that makes reliable video card? i want to go with sapphire and connect3d, but i don't know how good their product are, what do you guys htink?

i just bought me a info-tek gecube radeon 9600 and it came DOA. i was so excited about ati, but this really dissapointed me. i need to RMA it back to newegg.com which is going to cost me time and money, what a hassle. i think i should go back with nvidia, i am not sure what to do now. do you guys know any other 3rd party ati vendor that makes reliable video card? i want to go with sapphire and connect3d, but i don't know how good their product are, what do you guys htink?

If you don't want to buy a card directly made by ATi, then goign with a Sapphire or even a PowerColor card would help.

But I just bought a Gigabyte Radeon 9600SE 128MB for a friend and that was working pretty well.

there wasn't any review on the card yet, but i chose that one becuase it was the most expensive out of the radeon 9600 series at newegg and it came with a fan. big mistake that was, now i have to pay to ship the damn card back and a 15% restocking fee if i want to exchange it for another band card. got damn jesus christ, lost like $20 right there and a lot of frustration. this really isn't my day!

Surprised they're making you pay for something that's faulty! That shouldn't be.

Powercolor and Sapphire are reliable brands. Powercolor releases the cards based exactly on the reference card design, Sapphire occasionaly mix it up with spunky PCB's and fans with more grunt (which is why Sapphire is often more expensive).

That's not as bad as having your computer come DOA. Yeah, that day sucked. Sorry to hear your video card did though. Don't blame ATi or the vendor though. I am using a Visiontek Radeon 9100 128MB DDR PCI card and it is a cheaper alternative vendor who has been reliable to my friends as well as me.

It's not ATI's fault that your card came DOA.

ATI just provides the chips for the cards, the 3rd party manufacturers do the rest; unless of course it's a Built by ATI card.

Chances are, Newegg will take back your card and give you a different brand. Usually when they won't, they will clearly mark "NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES" or "EXCHANGE FOR SAME ITEM ONLY."

Just tell them you want another brand; most of the time their customer service is good about stuff like that.