Your favourite game of 2014? What are you looking forward to in 2015?

2013: Path of Exile

2014: Path of Exile and Hearthstone

2015: More Path of Exile (Act 4 is just 2 months away!) and more Hearthstone.

I'll look into the new Metal Gear, FF15, and No Man's Sky.

Destiny and The MCC tried to capture my attention, both failed. Games aren't what they used to be.

My favourite game has to be Mario Kart 8. That thing is just endless fun.

My biggest disappointment? The Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4). I found it boring, and glitchy as hell (I spent so much time stuck in walls).

Had some good times playing Towerfall with friends. Far Cry 4 is fun but that's because it's exactly like Far Cry 3. Just got South Park: The Stick of Truth and played a bit of that during the holidays, seems like a very smart adaptation of the series.

There were a lot of banner games out later in the year, but the one I was most surprised/impressed by (as opposed to expecting it from a big budget company) is The Talos Principle. Fantastic puzzle game, tops Portal IMO.

The best part of the Steam season sales is the indie/lower budget availability.

I sadly can't think of a single game that lived up to any of it's hype this year, for me. Even Dragon Age Inquisition. 

As for 2015... The Witcher 3 and maybe GTV and that's it.

Had some good times playing Towerfall with friends. Far Cry 4 is fun but that's because it's exactly like Far Cry 3. Just got South Park: The Stick of Truth and played a bit of that during the holidays, seems like a very smart adaptation of the series.

God, forgot all about Stick of Truth - it is a fantastic game and the perfect tie-in. 

I can now add a bunch of Wii u games to 2015 :D

What with having a decent PC, I can see the Xbox One gathering dust for a while.

2014: Dark Souls 2, closely followed by Dragon Age Inquisition and Wolfenstein: The New Order

2015: Bloodborne (will probably re-buy a PS4 just for this game, unless it's more like DeS than DaS then I won't bother)

2014:  Shadow of Mordor gets my GOTY, but Dragon Age is very close 2nd.  inFamous: Secon Son gets the bronze.

2015:  The Order, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, the rest of Game of Thrones, Batman: Arkham Knight

Bloodborne is so close now...

I'm taking a holiday in work, has to be done.

I will repurchase DS2 for PS4. Mainly because I haven't played the DLC.

Demons = DS1 > DS2. Although DS2 is still a good game for sure.

2014: Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4. The Evil Within, Driveclub

2015: The Order, Uncharted 4, Project CARS

My favorite of 2014 was Shovel Knight. I picked it up during the Steam Winter sale, and it's by far the most fun I had gaming this year. Shadow of Mordor is close behind.

For 2015, I'm looking forward to Bloodbourne  and The Order.

I am not feeling The Order and Bloodbourne - seems like 2015 is the year of the dull colour pallet in games - everything is pitch black like

Batman

The Order

Bloodbourne

Rainbow 6

etc

Kinda like it is always raining in Jurassic Park :)

I swear it is so they can get the frame rate down by hiding a lot of detail...

I am not feeling The Order and Bloodbourne - seems like 2015 is the year of the dull colour pallet in games - everything is pitch black like

Batman

The Order

Bloodbourne

Rainbow 6

etc

Kinda like it is always raining in Jurassic Park :)

I swear it is so they can get the frame rate down by hiding a lot of detail...

Kirby for Wii U disagrees  :woot:

As for a jab at my beloved Bloodborne, it's set in a gothic world  :shiftyninja: And and and.... there's lots of red as well! Bloody good fun.  :laugh: