Halo 5: Guardians beta launches today for Xbox One Preview participants

I love the general mechanics (such as how the shooting feels), but I really feel like they're going overboard with the power weapons. The Hydra is absolutely ridiculous. It takes absolutely no skill, and the fact that a Slayer match essentially depends upon simply being the team to control that weapon is absurd.

I hope the Big Team Battles are more focused on the general gameplay.

Disagree about the Hydra. It's actually fairly easy to dodge if you see it coming. If you don't see it coming, then yea it's a very powerful weapon -- I think they should nerf it slightly. I'd suggest either giving it less ammo spawn, or (preferably) give the person being targeted a "beeping" sound letting them know that they're being locked onto.

Halo 5 beta is focusing on 4v4 arena base gameplay right now. Halo MP was always about power weapon control\map control. Some weapons do need some tweeking tho.

I love the general mechanics (such as how the shooting feels), but I really feel like they're going overboard with the power weapons. The Hydra is absolutely ridiculous. It takes absolutely no skill, and the fact that a Slayer match essentially depends upon simply being the team to control that weapon is absurd.

Personally think the only things that needs work is aiming down sights and grenades. The accuracy buff should be removed, and the grenades need a radius reduction and to not launch you off the ground randomly.

Disagree about the Hydra. It's actually fairly easy to dodge if you see it coming. If you don't see it coming, then yea it's a very powerful weapon -- I think they should nerf it slightly. I'd suggest either giving it less ammo spawn, or (preferably) give the person being targeted a "beeping" sound letting them know that they're being locked onto.

That's a massive "if." If someone outflanks you, there's no winning. Which is what you should do if you have that weapon. It's like being able to use the energy sword at long ranges -- it's simply way too overpowered.

That's a massive "if." If someone outflanks you, there's no winning. Which is what you should do if you have that weapon. It's like being able to use the energy sword at long ranges -- it's simply way too overpowered.

Agreed. Which is why I suggested giving the target a "beeping" sound to warn them and even it out a bit more.

Halo has always been about controlling the right weapons and vehicles. Anyway at the top of the ranking (35+) it is what the game was all about.

Winning an ascension slayer at over 35 without any sniper or banshee was very hard if not almost impossible. This map at level 35-40 was all about getting the snipers, the banshee and super jumping at the top of the building.