Trying to test my home vpn within my own network - not possible right?

Why would you have mtu set to 1559???

Just sent you config file.. Give it a test run.. Its a autologin profile. Validated could connect with it from my box

post-14624-0-57419700-1419688586.png

Thanks Budman for all your help in here and in PM

I have successfully set up OpenVPN.  Made some mistakes and assumptions along the way but with your help I finally got it going.

Also the How To Geek tutorial while helpful could really use some updating and checking.  The latter mostly because it definitely left some things out that needs mentioning.  I was missing a line in the client ovpn file that routed my traffic to through the VPN ( to show remote IP instead of local ) because the tutorial doesn't mention it. 

So I have 2 with buyvm.net, NJ and LV and then 1 with chicagovps.net at $1 a month ;) hosted in dallas Makes a great test boxes for network problems. Might add one in atlanta as well with chicagovps

"ChicagoVPS offers hosting services in 6 different locations: Chicago, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New Jersey, and Dallas!"

Keep in mind I use lowend vps, 128mb ram, 10 to 15GB of space.. I use them for network testing, mostly. Cheap, 15$ a year at buyvm and 12$ at chicagovps.

As to outside the country, its not a vps - its the lowend package with seedboxco.net, provides for vpn access. Their cheapest vps is 21$ usd a month - more than I want to spend.. I could get 2 other vps for that price.. I like to have locations to test from, not so much horsepower on the box, etc.. Then I have a shared host with dreamhost, like $100 a year or something.. Just been with them so long, don't have any plans of dumping that plan - its my go to test box if trying out any sort of webbased software, etc..

If your looking for lowend vps check out

http://lowendbox.com/