Wait for iPhone 6s or 7?

Heya all.

I'm wondering ... should I sit the iPhone 6 out and wait for 6s in the first half of 2015 (which I heard form tech news other than this site - Google it up) or iPhone 7 in the 3rd quarter of 2015? I did find it unusual for Apple to do that, though.

The 6s is supposed to refine what problems the 6 have, right? On the other hand, if I sit the entire 6/6s releases altogether and get the 7, that;d be a big improvement over the 5s, which I currently have since Oct 2013.

Ideas, advice? Any would be appreciated. Thanks!

Expect the 6s to come out Sept of 2015. Ignore the speculations and rumors. 

If you can wait 'til then, wait. Otherwise it'll be a long wait for you.

• Like 2

I don't think you can know what Apple is going to do for next iteration of the iphone.  I personally think they may break the pattern this next time. 4 to 4s, 5 to 5s were small improvements. This next round may be a huge jump.

I don't think you can know what Apple is going to do for next iteration of the iphone.  I personally think they may break the pattern this next time. 4 to 4s, 5 to 5s were small improvements. This next round may be a huge jump.

Apple never changes this kind of stuff, they like to milk the sales out before investing in a new design. Annoys the ###### out of me when I read articles saying wow it was like the 5S just came out earlier this year, and now a whole new designed phone a year later..its more like we recycled the 5 from the year before, now we're finally catching up but oh lets not throw a real 1080p screen in, yeah nobody will notice.

There will be a iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, and it will go another whole year of life before Apple changes the design of their phones a little. Just a little. What they need to do is work on the ergonomics on their phablet and shrink the bezels. But that won't ever happen.

• Like 2

As with any electronic device, you can never catch up and most are obsolete within a short time of you buying it.  I'd get the iPhone 6 if you don't mind the design.  I personally love how thin and light the 6 is and since I upgrade every two years I'll be getting a 7.  

Apple will likely release the 6s in September, which will most likely be an internal hardware refresh. This is just based on how they have done things in the past. The 7 will be 2016, obviously who knows what they will do then. I would just go ahead and get the 6 and trade it in when the 6s comes out if it interests you, if cost is an issue the 5s is $100 less

I changed over to Android this year but previously I'd skip the S model. S is basically the same phone with some minor improvements and maybe a new feature or two.

If you wait for the 6S your going to be getting the 7S and so on every two years. Personally if I went for the S models the phone would feel old just because everyone else has the same looking phone a year before me, but that's just me.

get the 6... no phones now are a big step up with the next version (except this year for apple going bigger) and gen 7 is going to be almost 2 years away yet. And then when that time comes when the 7 is out, you could ask the same question... should i wait for the 7s or 8?

Apple never changes this kind of stuff, they like to milk the sales out before investing in a new design. Annoys the ###### out of me when I read articles saying wow it was like the 5S just came out earlier this year, and now a whole new designed phone a year later..its more like we recycled the 5 from the year before, now we're finally catching up but oh lets not throw a real 1080p screen in, yeah nobody will notice.

There will be a iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, and it will go another whole year of life before Apple changes the design of their phones a little. Just a little. What they need to do is work on the ergonomics on their phablet and shrink the bezels. But that won't ever happen.

Thats just conjecture you really don't know and neither do I.  I don't think the 6 was really big step up, the rumor is the camera is getting major overhaul.   And thats really important to me.

I went from the LG G3 to the 6 Plus and it was a great choice for me. If you are able to get the phone now, I say go ahead and do it.. A lot of these problems are very over exaggerated because people love to point out any flaw Apple has. For the bending issue, there are tons of YouTube videos showing that other phones bend with less pressure than the iPhone 6. But, since it's Apple, everyone wants to put a spotlight on them.. Everyone loves to hate on Apple, but yet, hold them to a higher standard for reason it seems..  

Having a super high res like the LG G3, made things harder to read. Movies in 4K looked great, other than that, I think 1080P is the perfect resolution for screens this size. 

I came from Android, and missed the bigger screen, and so I went from a 5S to a 6. If you can resist the urge to upgrade, I'd say hold off for a 6S. The S models really are where it's at! They've introduced great things with S - like Siri (4S), and Touch ID (5S). I'd hope with the 6S/6+S, they'd add 2GB of RAM. 

• Like 1

Tsupersonic - yeah there you go. :)

As much as the tech blogs like to speculate...Apple is actually very reliable on when it announces and releases its products.  Apple announces its next version of iOS at WWDC in June for release in late Sept/ early Oct.  Since the release of the 4s the next iPhone is announced in late Sept for release within 2 weeks.

Major revisions to the iPhone are always spaced 2 years apart (i.e. 3g/3gs/4/4s/5/5s/6)

So, expect iOS 9 to be announced in June 2015.  I would wager the next iPhone to be announced in late Sept 2015 to be the 6s and not the 7.

It is quite fun to read the rumors though.

I would definitely wait for 6s now.

i owned 3gs 4s and i think it is a good strategy to keep the phone for 2 years and only get the updated improved versions of the same design.

if they break the cycle and upgrade earlier, then even better.

Heya all.

I'm wondering ... should I sit the iPhone 6 out and wait for 6s in the first half of 2015 (which I heard form tech news other than this site - Google it up) or iPhone 7 in the 3rd quarter of 2015? I did find it unusual for Apple to do that, though.

The 6s is supposed to refine what problems the 6 have, right? On the other hand, if I sit the entire 6/6s releases altogether and get the 7, that;d be a big improvement over the 5s, which I currently have since Oct 2013.

Ideas, advice? Any would be appreciated. Thanks!

Depends on what you're waiting for but for me I held off till iPhone 6 because it finally added support for LTE APT 700Mhz where as previous versions only supported the 700Mhz standard that is used in the United States and Canada (and a few other countries). As for the next release - it comes down to whether there is enough compelling features such as more RAM starters being high on the list, longer battery life etc.

I went from the LG G3 to the 6 Plus and it was a great choice for me. If you are able to get the phone now, I say go ahead and do it.. A lot of these problems are very over exaggerated because people love to point out any flaw Apple has. For the bending issue, there are tons of YouTube videos showing that other phones bend with less pressure than the iPhone 6. But, since it's Apple, everyone wants to put a spotlight on them.. Everyone loves to hate on Apple, but yet, hold them to a higher standard for reason it seems..  

Having a super high res like the LG G3, made things harder to read. Movies in 4K looked great, other than that, I think 1080P is the perfect resolution for screens this size. 

I'm just curious as to how you went from LG G3 to iPhone 6 Plus as the LG G3 came out only 4 months before the 6. Maybe you upgrade your phone every 4-5 months and don't go on contracts?

Also having a high resolution screen (like the G3) makes pixels sharper which I would think makes it easier to read, how is lower resolution a benefit?

I'm just curious as to how you went from LG G3 to iPhone 6 Plus as the LG G3 came out only 4 months before the 6. Maybe you upgrade your phone every 4-5 months and don't go on contracts?

Also having a high resolution screen (like the G3) makes pixels sharper which I would think makes it easier to read, how is lower resolution a benefit?

I guess it comes down to how well Android scales in terms of screen sizes and resolution - it'll be interesting to see what Android 5.0 is like on the phone because according to GSM Arena it is due to receive it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd wait for the iPhone 274s.

If you want it now, get it now. The 6 is still current, the 6s is still 6/7 months from release. If you can wait that long, you can also wait the extra year for the 7, so why not wait the next year for the 7s, etc.

The answer is your choice, which comes down to want.

In all honesty, forget the models for a second, Forget contracts or how shiny the new thing is... do you NEED a new phone? I've found in reality it literally makes no difference after the initial wow its new effect wears off.

The OS is the same, the games and apps are the same, you might get an app to open a fraction quicker but in reality its never really noticeable.

Still rocking my Nexus 4 bought early 2013, put it side by side with the new Nexus 6 and there is truly little performance difference. Until something truly amazing comes along, my phone does exactly what I want it to do, when I want it to do it.