Purchased new router. One of four devices cannot connect to internet

First off, sorry but advice to drop to 54 is not the correct answer, and should not be marked as such.  And without some details was just bad advice all the way around.

Clearly the laptop was connecting - just seemed to have issues since it was seeing packet loss

The .OP has given no details at all to the configuration, other than he mentions 600N - what was encryption set too?  wpa, wpa2, tkip/aes? 2.4 or 5?  It is not possible to be set for 600 without 40mhz channels and low guard rate so would only be option in 5ghz.  And you have to use 4 spatial streams to achieve it - so in other words never going to happen since what client has 4x4?  Even if the router has 8x8 ;)

As to the 600 being something new in the nighthawk - no its not new its just router that 4x4 spatial streams and would even be able to support the mode - problem is there are no 4x4 clients, etc.. So its just pure nonsense..  If you want to get those sorts of data rates you have to go AC. But it seems the OP has no AC devices anyway.

So the answer that should be marked is the getting new driver, if he made no other changes to wifi settings - but without wifi settings and devices in use this whole thread is just a waste of anyone's time that stumbles across it trying to find answer.  I highly doubt driver added N support.  But it might of fixed a bug is more like like it.

So OP what are you settings now, are your devices even 5ghz?  To get more than 54 data rate in N you also have to be using WPA2 or OPEN..  Many cards adhere to this.  - but without details, what card you have - what wifi settings you have this thread is just going around in circles with the likely hood of more and more fud to be posted.

For example that AC routers have issues with N connections - where would anyone ever read such nonsense?

Yes, you are correct.  I have marked "updating drivers" as the correct response

I have two Android devices running on 802.11n 5ghz.  2 laptops running 802.11n on 2.4ghz.  I hope to get a new smartphone sometime in the future that supports AC

Re. the laptop that had the issue originally, I do believe the driver update fixed a bug.  Updating the driver immediately fixed the issue