FF mouse cursor cause flash videos choppy

On the latest Firefox stable 34.0.

VivoPC VM40B-02

Celeron 1007U

8GB RAM

Latest Flash player version installed. (I think it's 16.0)

For some reason everytime I watch something Flash embedded (nhl.com, nba.com), not youtube.com however, the video is very choppy when I hover my mouse over the video. The video is "watchable" when I do not hover my mouse over the video, but still choppy and frame loss.

I unticked "enable hardware acceleration" for Flash, I also ran Firefox with add-ons disabled, both with the same results. I played with "enable hardware acceleration when possible" under Firefox settings and still choppy playback.

IE 11 and Chrome stable do not have this problem, only Firefox.

I figure I'd get more help on neowin since Google wasn't at all helpful.

Yep.

That didn't do.

What I do find odd is because my mice is a Razer DeathAdder, I lowered the polling rate from 500 to 125 and videos are less choppy.

Still doesn't explain why it's the cause.

I had no issues with my previous desktop, exact same set up, less ram, but a better CPU and 8800GT.

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

Tools / settings / advanced / general / browsing "Use Hardware acceleration when available"

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

Tools / settings / advanced / general / browsing "Use Hardware acceleration when available"

I did.

No dice.

I'm beginning to wonder if the CPU is simply not good enough. However, this is only a Firefox issue.

I have the same problem, I just don't use Firefox. Not the solution you want to hear, I'm sure.

Really like Firefox and you're right, nothing I can do on my end.

Could be the Celeron. Why would you drop down to a Celeron, that's lowest of the low.

If this mini desktop can handle 1080p files, it should be able to handle as simple as Flash videos. The CPU may just be the culprit...  or Firefox!

Did you run the Flash uninstaller at least twice prior to reinstalling it? That resets the settings. Also I think Firefox turns off acceleration for some old graphic drivers, did you get the latest HD graphics driver from Intel website?

Could be the Celeron. Why would you drop down to a Celeron, that's lowest of the low.

Don't think this issue is related to CPU speed, I've got a 2500k running at 4.4GHz and it still happens. Obviously having a weaker CPU probably makes it worse but it still.

Are you using a gaming mouse with a high polling rate? There's a weird Flash/Firefox issue that causes similar video issues:  https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3799753

I have never seen it personally but had a co-working who ran into the issue on his laptop, I never had the same issue despite having the exact same setup/laptop.

• Like 1

I got a buddy to replicate the issue on his desktop and he also has the same problem I do, except he is using an ordinary Microsoft mice.

Nothing can be done at this point.