Firefox or Flash or HTML5 issues

As of yesterday I noticed I wasnt able to play any video on Youtube.

I usually use the HTML5 player, and when I went to youtube.com/html5 and requested the normal player - I was able to watch videos again.

I was using latest version of flash, and the next to latest version of FF - updating to newest version  of FF didnt make a difference.

Once I switch back to HTML5 player on youtube - I am once again greeted with a black screen where the video would play, and cant do anything (pressing play does nothing)

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

I am also seeing this on any page running flash:

post-508501-0-12223800-1423514720.jpg

What I'd suggest trying is download the uninstall utility for Flash then re-install Flash from this link.

Doing that now -

I dont know what caused this issue - I thought it was the latest Flash update - because I cant think of anything else that has changed.  Using the HTML5 player has always worked fine.

I'll let you know -

Thank You

post-508501-0-79975100-1423552363.jpg

Now this is what I get with the HTML5 player

The normal flash player works OK....

So the only difference is before I did the steps above, I wouldnt get the swirling symbol.

Frustrating

Actually, went back to v34 of firefox and all is working like it was.

I did read where Mozilla was toying with the idea of making the HTML5 player the default (like chrome) - maybe that got botched up ?

I will stick with v34.0.5 for now.

But thanks for your help.

Actually, Google is the one enforcing HTML5 as the default in Firefox 36 beta and above for YouTube. Why Firefox 36? Because Firefox 36 is on track to support enough of the Media Source Extensions (MSE) required to get HTML5 playback working. You can enable MSE in Firefox 34 right now, but in my experience it doesn't work at all.

In the latest Nightly build, looks like everything's supported according to https://www.youtube.com/html5