Am I the only one who didn't know this?

It kind of makes sense.  Since their Mac is priced at the cost of a PC back in 1989, I can see how they would be making a ton of money off it.

Yeah, most of your NewsPaper, Magazines, Web Dev companies have been using Macs forever.. Also, I've noticed a lot of startups using them as well..

It kind of makes sense.  Since their Mac is priced at the cost of a PC back in 1989, I can see how they would be making a ton of money off it.

The average computer in 1990 cost $7,903.79 (in today's money)

I know all the prices ratio but I am still stumped by this revelation, since they seemed to sell a gazillion iPads each quarter and only a few million Macs. I always assumed iPad business was huge compared to Mac.

I know all the prices ratio but I am still stumped by this revelation, since they seemed to sell a gazillion iPads each quarter and only a few million Macs. I always assumed iPad business was huge compared to Mac.

This is news to me as well.

:rolleyes:

Didn't know I could pick up a computer in 1989 for $500. 

• Like 1

You're looking at Macintosh notebooks, Macintosh desktops, software and services, and peripherals vs. iPad.  It would make more sense to compare Mac hardware ($24.08 Bil) to iPad ($28.04 Bil).

Also, Mac hardware is about 8% market share for notebooks and 3.5% for desktop.

Its revenue, not the more important profit.

You're looking at Macintosh notebooks, Macintosh desktops, software and services, and peripherals vs. iPad.  It would make more sense to compare Mac hardware ($24.08 Bil) to iPad ($28.04 Bil).

Also, Mac hardware is about 8% market share for notebooks and 3.5% for desktop.

3.5% for desktop is pretty embarrassing.

Ah I read that article other day...  Thanks. I thought your stats was for your app you made or whatever you developed for.

Ah, I didn't get a whole lot of feedback for NeoDroid.. Haggis and I worked on it, but it was turning out it was just going to be us using it.. So, instead I focused on the parent ROM, FUSDROiD. After a pretty bad car accident, I had to abandon the project all together.. I started making a port of the Nexus ROM to the LG G3, but I ended up getting an iPhone 6 Plus from my wife and haven't really worked on it since.. Were you interested in that rom? I can start another project but won't be able to test it..

Apple is pretty good about supporting their products as well.. For the first year of owning your new Apple product, you can schedule a time at an Apple store for any questions or help you may need. While, most tech savvy people wouldn't take advantage of this feature, it's very nice for the average person.

What's embarrassing for other manufacturers is when Apple makes the most profits in the entire PC industry with their 3.5% market share.  

What other manufacturers? There's hundreds of pc desktop manufacturers and you say all of them put together don't make as much profit as the mac?

You got any proof? What was the net profit of  DESKTOP macs?

......and regarding to that 3.5 market share, its regarding desktop and not the laptop market.

Ah, I didn't get a whole lot of feedback for NeoDroid.. Haggis and I worked on it, but it was turning out it was just going to be us using it.. So, instead I focused on the parent ROM, FUSDROiD. After a pretty bad car accident, I had to abandon the project all together.. I started making a port of the Nexus ROM to the LG G3, but I ended up getting an iPhone 6 Plus from my wife and haven't really worked on it since.. Were you interested in that rom? I can start another project but won't be able to test it..

I have stock rom on my rooted phone but I have about 10 months left before my contract is up.  I am not sure if I would get another phone or quit using a phone for good.  My monthly rate was 30 a month... now it's 45 a month... but if I get a new one, It will be around 60.  Crazy, right?   I will look around at the stores and online for good deal... before my contract is up.

What other manufacturers? There's hundreds if not thousands of pc manufacturers and you say all of them put together don't make as much profit as the mac?

You got any proof? What was the net profit of macs?

......and regarding to that 3.5 market share, its regarding desktop and not laptop market.

For starters, Asus's profit is around $230 Million and Apple's $40 Billion in 2012.. (fastest profits I could find without digging).. While these aren't just computers, both manufacture most of the same devices.. Samsung was $5.9 Billion in 2012..

I have stock rom on my rooted phone but I have about 10 months left before my contract is up.  I am not sure if I would get another phone or quit using a phone for good.  My monthly rate was 30 a month... now it's 45 a month... but if I get a new one, It will be around 60.  Crazy, right?   I will look around at the stores and online for good deal... before my contract is up.

That is crazy.. Might be best to get a phone off Craigslist if you are having issues with your current device. My biggest problem with Android was all the bloat, so when I made roms I would remove all of it.. You can probably find all the bloat that is safe to remove from your phone on XDA..

For starters, Asus's profit is around $230 Million and Apple's $40 Billion in 2012.. (fastest profits I could find without digging).. While these aren't just computers, both manufacture most of the same devices.. Samsung was $5.9 Billion in 2012..

That is crazy.. Might be best to get a phone off Craigslist if you are having issues with your current device. My biggest problem with Android was all the bloat, so when I made roms I would remove all of it.. You can probably find all the bloat that is safe to remove from your phone on XDA..

For starters I was talking about the DESKTOP market. Nothing else, not the company as a whole, not both laptop and desktop line.

It was regarding how embarrassing that it was at 3.5 percent for DESKTOP market and Mac DESKTOP have been in the market for 35+ years.

What other manufacturers? There's hundreds of pc desktop manufacturers and you say all of them put together don't make as much profit as the mac?

You got any proof? What was the net profit of  DESKTOP macs?

......and regarding to that 3.5 market share, its regarding desktop and not the laptop market.

That's exactly what I said.

Macs comprise about 5% of global market share by units, but account for more than 50% of the industry

For starters I was talking about the DESKTOP market. Nothing else, not the company as a whole, not both laptop and desktop line.

It was regarding how embarrassing that it was at 3.5 percent for DESKTOP market and Mac DESKTOP have been in the market for 35+ years.

Awesome, feel free to do some of your own research some of the numbers. I'm sure they'll fall pretty close in that ratio.