Wonder Woman (June. 2, 2017 - Warner)

Wow cannot wait :D I have been waiting for a Wonder Woman movie for a while now; besides Batman she is my favorite super hero.

• 10 months later...

Looks good to me, I think they'll do a good job with her and a good start to the DC movie universe .

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2015 at 7:39 AM, McCordRm said:

A lot to learn about equal rights.... coming from an Amazon island? Pfft!

Why wouldn't she have a lot to learn, coming from a society with no men? Similar to how some men are raised to see women as helpless and lesser, an Amazon might be raised to be think the same about men. The Justice League incarnation showed elements of that, and it was handled well. She went from being dismissive of men (even the male members of the League) as lesser beings to accepting them as worthwhile people.

Similarly, a big part of the characterization of the animated WW movie a few years back was Steve Trevor earning her respect (he did NOT get off to a good start!) And in most incarnations Hyppolita (sp.) is extremely disdainful of men, so there's a basis for her daughter starting out that way.

A lot of mileage could be gotten out of Diana starting out as a "female chauvinist" due to her upbringing in a single-gender society and then learning to see men as equals.

It's not just about how she'll see/treat men but also all the new stuff she'll learn about in her travels. It's like taking a person who's lived deep in the jungle all their lives and dropping them in the middle of a big city. It's been done before in other things but now you also toss in the gender differences and it adds another layer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Mirumir said:

wonder woman vs supergirl? any bets?

What makes you think Supergirl would be in this? I didn't see any hints of that, and it wouldn't make sense for a period piece.

Besides, there's no way this Wonder Wonder could hold her own against any decently cast version of Kara. (I still don't think Gal Godot even works in the part.)

48 minutes ago, DConnell said:

What makes you think Supergirl would be in this? I didn't see any hints of that, and it wouldn't make sense for a period piece.

It was a hypothetical question :) If they were up against each other, who would win?

I was just wondering who the people liked more and wanted them to share their thoughts on this hypothetical matchup :) 

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking forward to it. I never did understand the invisible plane thing though. What was the point when Wonder Woman herself wasn't invisible? Whatever, Lynda Carter was one of my childhood crushes. :)

On 12/14/2016 at 6:38 AM, Mirumir said:

It was a hypothetical question :) If they were up against each other, who would win?

Kryptonians can be defeated using magic; remember Superman's battle with Shazam! and Wonder Woman has kicked Superman's ass up around his ears a couple of times. And if she ever drops her gauntlets, RUN! They restrain her full powers. See bottom.

And besides - this contest has already happened.

bb1302e683275551b69285102eec1c65.jpg

Shazam-Fighting-Superman-Comic.jpg?auto=

3061464-wonder+woman-zone-+014.jpg

Edited by DocM
  • Like 3

Aside from WW and JL later this year, only Aquaman is going ahead if I remember correctly, and the batman movie.  Flash movie, rumors say, has been pushed back.    There's nothing else going on with the DCEU from what I remember, their problem has been that they rushed things, should've gotten a MoS2 movie before we ever got something like BvS, oh well.

• 1 month later...

Looks good to me, visually it's spot on with that whole WWI tone, the jokes/comedy is looking good going along with the whole "fish out of water" bit that she's part of, since it's all new to her.  I have no doubt the action will be done very well, that's one thing the DCEU isn't lacking in.

We just have to wait to see how the story goes.